Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Tires again…I know

@Trial153 I'm curious to hear how you mounted your spare spare to the Diamond Back cover. I'm wanting/needing to get a second spare and also have the DB cover. And....thanks for taking action with Toyota. That's very cool that they responded the way they did. I believe more folks would do such things if we didn't expect to be completely ignored. Lesson learned. Silent no more!!

To everyone: this was an awesome thread. I'll be buying new tires before hunting season and this was a huge help. Happy hunting!

@Trial153 I'm curious to hear how you mounted your spare spare to the Diamond Back cover. I'm wanting/needing to get a second spare and also have the DB cover. And....thanks for taking action with Toyota. That's very cool that they responded the way they did. I believe more folks would do such things if we didn't expect to be completely ignored. Lesson learned. Silent no more!!

To everyone: this was an awesome thread. I'll be buying new tires before hunting season and this was a huge help. Happy hunting!

Attachments

• 47350B1C-B6AB-40EA-A750-83BE9A5FB237.jpeg
    47350B1C-B6AB-40EA-A750-83BE9A5FB237.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 12

The mount I bought was from Fabtech.

I took the bed mount and mounted it to the underside of the cover. I drilled and installed the mount on the outside as template. Then I swapped it to the inside. I siliconed the mount then attached it. I spayed it will black flex seal on the inside and also the outside bolt heads. When the tire isn’t mounted on the cover, I place a rubber plug in the hole and it fits flush to the cover. Mount bar has a hole drilled in it so you can slip a lock on it and it’s inside the locked cover. The Rod only comes down an inch passed the mount so you still have full under-storage capacity.
You can’t even see it when a tire isn’t mounted on it.
This was the cleanest system I could come up with that was still secure. This was important to me because my wife thinks the tire on the top looks douchey lol so I only keep it on for hunting and fishing trips….

Appreciated the info and thoughts in this thread!

For my 2010 lifted tundra I just bought goodyear Ultra Terrain AT 275 70 R18 to replace 7 year old duratracs that a
were worn out with about 45k miles. We shall see how they perform.

Last edited:
I use to run BFG's but have switched to the Nittos, on the second set now, very happy with them.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back