Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

"Freedom's Safest Place" NRA Videos...have you guys seen these!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was in my teens and twenties the Feds and the UN were "the enemy." Black helicopters were up to no good and Hungarian troops were hiding the Swan Range, ready to attack Kalispell I guess. Good old Wayne La Pierre got involved and said we needed guns to protect us from the government's jack-booted thugs. The paranoia was amusing until McVeigh and Nichols blew up the Oklahoma City Federal building. But even pictures of a fireman carrying a murdered baby couldn't get La Pierre to shut up. It wasn't until Bush publicly resigned his NRA life membership that Wayne was forced to lay low a while.

Maybe it is my age, but I'm not finding these new attacks on the press and (more than) half of our fellow Americans amusing this time. If you can't see the problems with the NRA suggesting arms are needed to protect us from the press and the left, then maybe you are too young to understand that this baseless venom will eventually have consequences. This isn't even about the 2A - it is a direct attack on those who don't support a political viewpoint. If this doesn't get you to tear up your membership, what will?

Excellent post, I agree with all you said.

Videos like this make about as much sense as having ted nugent trying to recruit non-hunters into our sport, it would have the opposite effect.

Just watched the first video again. Not sure what's supposed to bother me about it.
Me neither. I didn't have to watch it and easily could have ended it halfway through. What bothers me more is how everyone is so offended, hurt, threatened and entitled these days. But this video is just someones standpoint and I respect that as long as anyone doesn't try to don clothes and masks like ISIS and start riots at other's events like has been happening lately. The NRA is all other the map on things, it's how they stay in business. I am confused why they think this would make me want to send them any $$$, i'ts more likely going to make me drink a few more beers this weekend while I sit around the campfire wondering how everyone is becoming a bunch of wusses. Maybe I am just an old hardass, go figure.

Videos like this make about as much sense as having ted nugent trying to recruit non-hunters into our sport, it would have the opposite effect.

Come on, hunting circus animals behind a fence is the new trend!

Me neither. I didn't have to watch it and easily could have ended it halfway through. What bothers me more is how everyone is so offended, hurt, threatened and entitled these days. But this video is just someones standpoint and I respect that as long as anyone doesn't try to don clothes and masks like ISIS and start riots at other's events like has been happening lately. The NRA is all other the map on things, it's how they stay in business. I am confused why they think this would make me want to send them any $$$, i'ts more likely going to make me drink a few more beers this weekend while I sit around the campfire wondering how everyone is becoming a bunch of wusses. Maybe I am just an old hardass, go figure.

Spot on.

Come on, hunting circus animals behind a fence is the new trend!

LOL I liked the nuge when I was young and dumb. Watched rented all his videos in the 90's. The bow I just picked up because it was on sale and went to 75lbs thought I needed that to kill an elk.

LOL I liked the nuge when I was young and dumb. Watched rented all his videos in the 90's. The bow I just picked up because it was on sale and went to 75lbs thought I needed that to kill an elk.

Many are probably too young to remember but that dude did quite an 180 in his hunting career. He used to shoot instinctive, and hunt free range big game all over the country from Elk to feral hogs and feral sheep. Fred bear was his Idol. Now he is too lazy to walk anywhere and takes a buggy to a treestand inside a fenced in "hunting ranch":confused:

Come on, I never said that news orgs don't have a political viewpoint, only that the ad is an attack on a political viewpoint (left) unrelated to guns. Why do you have to make it personal?

I wouldn't take personal offence, comprehension of statements made by perceived opposing view points is often the first thing lost in discussions as potentially heated as the intentions of NRA's latest add campaign.

I wouldn't take personal offence, comprehension of statements made by perceived opposing view points is often the first thing lost in discussions as potentially heated as the intentions of NRA's latest add campaign.
I'm just annoyed at how the bias people have screws up the comprehension of simple statements.

I have been on this site a long long time. It's kind of fun on this thread, when I see some of the members
that I have seen post a lot, I can pretty much guess the jist of there reply before reading it. The gun toting hard right are really easy.

^^^^^...as is the predictability of the usual cadre of left leaners.

Last edited:
^^^^^...as is the predictability of the usual cadre of left leaners.

Ya, common sense does get old.

And not once did anyone
mention " gun control" that's just more of the NRA fear monger.

Last edited:
Kinda figured you would chime in with something like that. ;) We should invent an autopilot for our posts and go fish or something.

I hear the pan fish are biting on Lake Valentine if anyone wants to join me in southern Minnesota.

Wow, much excitement and emotion over this NRA video.

A little background, I have been an NRA member for 30+ years; left them in the early 90's when Wayne came into leadership, his strident approach really grated on me and I found it contradictory to reaching common ground. However, during the Clinton Presidency and the gun control push, supported by single issue lobbying organizations, and the amount of unsubstantiated rhetoric and emotion that was thrown into the argument, I choose to rejoin. I did this because the NRA is the only pro 2A organization that has enough stroke to keep the numbers in our favor. I don't always approve of the positions they take nor the tone - but they are our best choice at this time.

On to the Dana Loesch ad that started this thread, perhaps those who took offense and drew conclusions that the language was inciting violence should re-watch the video and listen carefully to what she is saying and digest the meaning of the message. I think you will find nothing in there that is untrue.

For perspective, watch this Tucker Carlson interview with Dana on the ad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyjLdKbrAtw

Last edited:
For perspective, watch this Tucker Carlson interview with Dana on the ad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyjLdKbrAtw
Maybe look at the far more relevant NRA perspective, which is just a dishonest liberal smear. Stichfield starts out feigning confusion on why liberals are upset now about this old video, not mentioning the NRA just put it up on their "Join NRA" Facebook page and got 40,000+ shares. I guess that is the iron fist of truth. But what bothers me the most is the tone and drama used to overstate the "violence" of the left. Not a few whackjobs from the left, but the Left. And also the attack on the mainstream media, which is nowhere near as dark and deceitful as the very media condemning it!

I listen to Limbaugh, Savage and others to get their perspective, but I can't listen to Hannity because of the forceful drama he uses to peddle his BS, and this video uses the same loathsome tactics including taking things out of context to achieve effect. It should set off alarm bells, but far too many people are saying "What's wrong with this? It's just the truth." Uh, well it isn't a truthful view of the left, it's propaganda and the deceit is dividing the country. Seriously, what percentage of your leftist friends fit the stereotype they are pushing? Why do people believe this crap?

But the biggest issue of all is the NRA using fear mongering to push a conservative agenda. What does that have to do with guns? Unless you think you need to arm yourself against the violence left which is the only possible link. I'm not offended by that, but I am bothered by it.

Anyway. I got here by trying to start an automated argument with Siri and that liberal bitch directed me to the Stichfield show.

rg

I have read this before. Did you watch the video? National Guard troops were going door-to-door, detaining people, and confiscating their guns. This is exactly what a lot of people said "could never happen." It happened, it was filmed, and now it is poo-poo'ed or entirely denied.

National Guards (or at least their officers) vow to uphold the Constitution. In this case they did not fulfill that vow.

First of all, the article in no way denied the confiscations happened, nor did it minimize the egregiousness of the stupidity of the COP. Maybe that is not what you are alluding to in your statement about it being poo pood or denied. If not, it certainly wasn't very clear in how you worded it.

Yes, I did watch the video. I saw a lot of dumbshits who aren't smart enough to realize they are violating someone's Constitutional Rights, and weren't asking the questions they should have been asking. It's no surprise the NRA won the lawsuit handily, and it's even less surprising the COP was out of a job in short order.

Yes, one confiscation is one too many. Civil rights violations happen EVERY day. One of these is too many. I won't be so myopic as to only focus on the violations involving firearms, because there are many of them. And, there is ALWAYS civil recourse after the fact (read lawsuit).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back