Fixed broadhead

I like the slick trick magnums, if not for them I'd shoot the g5 strikers or t's. I like replaceable blades, always super sharp and don't have to worry about bends/chips. Also prefer the chisel tips to drive thru bone. Four blades have ups and downs, wouldn't weight this over durability. Get your arrow to a 12-15% foc and tune your bow.

My experience is very limited with only 1 full season of archery, but I'm using G5 Montec's and Magnus.

I switched over to the Magnus for elk after seeing their use first hand last season. A few of the guys I'm now hunting with use them exclusively for elk and they are devastating.

I'd bet if we could go back in time a few thousand years we could hear two Cavemen discussing this very topic.
Obsidian vs. Flint...... Where the best sources were..........How to knap.

I have been very satisfied with Wac 'Em Triton (3 blade) as a replaceable blade 100 gr head. G5 copied this design in the Striker.

If the criteria was a SOLID, resharpen-able head, I would try the VPA Terminators. But the Wac 'em has not let me or my friends down..

Any of the name brand ones will be fine. Recently I shot G5 Strikers for a few years, only switched to Shuttle-T's because they made less noise in flight being non vented. Can't tell a difference between them on elk I've shot. My dad shoots Strikers and at 65fps less they are nice and quiet.

I should note there was never a problem on game with the "whiz", just a mental one.

10 deer in the last 5 seasons with a Muzzy 4 blade 100 gr, (My little blue soldiers!) two of which were P&Y.

Trick to getting any broadhead to fly is having a properly tuned bow and the correct spine for your arrow. Assuming you do consider using a hard right helical fletching.

I have been using Muzzy for close to 20 years now. I used to use the 3 blade Muzzy. They are hard to beat IMHO.

Keep in mind; Chisel tip break bone and steal some penetration.
Cut on contact has max penetration and works well for LE set ups

They all will work if you tune them right:).

Muzzy 3 blade hundred grains. I killed a bear with them last year and he only ran about 40 yards on a double lung shot, so they are good enough for me plus i can get a 4 in group at 60 yards.

They can but don't have to. If they don't you may have to either refletch or re-install the broadhead insert at the correct orientation. That said, I'd say if your bow is in proper tune it won't matter.

Should my blades on my fix blades line up with my vanes on my arrows?

No you do not.....it is a myth! I've tested this theory several times with a hooter shooter machine and it truly does not matter.

As for replaceable blade broadheads, I tested just about all of them manufactured on a hooter shooter. The best flying and most consistent flying head was the Wac'em Triton. Second best was Slick Trick originals and Shuttles.

No you do not.....it is a myth! I've tested this theory several times with a hooter shooter machine and it truly does not matter.

As for replaceable blade broadheads, I tested just about all of them manufactured on a hooter shooter. The best flying and most consistent flying head was the Wac'em Triton. Second best was Slick Trick originals and Shuttles.
Thanks for that last bit of info from your testing! Very useful.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back