Fixed broadhead

TC prohunter

What is a good fixed blade broadhead? Now I am using the mechanical grim reaper razor tip 100gr heads

Thunderhead 100's or the Montec 100's for me work very well. . .been using the Thunderheads for many years.

I have had good luck with Thunderheads, Magnus Stingers and Slick Tricks. I have stuck with the Slick Tricks. They are very tough and easy to sharpen. They fly as well as my field points.

I just switched back to Magnus again. Now shooting the snuffers. Was shooting Muzzy but the lifetime blade replacement sold me back to magnus.

I collected on the Magnus warranty once. They absolutely stand behind their broadheads. Those heads shot to the exact point of aim as my field tips.

thunderheads or montecs. did have a thunderhead blade break on a bear one time.

Montec CS, Muzzy Trocar, Or the Trophy Taker Shuttle T's. The Muzzy and Trophy Taker seem to have the accuracy of field tips.

I use the Montec CS (carbon steel) easier to resharpen then a stainless blade.

I use the same, they look real nice in my arrows! Lol! Can't attest to their effectiveness though, hopefully this fall I can see how well they work. ;)

Been shooting Thunderheads for a long time. Many deer have bit the dust! They even punched clean through a racoon's head one time...

I use Shuttle T's as well, no performance issues, but I am wondering if anyone has any experience with the Solid S30V broadhead?

Fixed blade

I have used the Grim Reaper Hades for several years. I believe this is an awesome broadhead, have taken four elk, three bulls, one cow with them, so I know they'll do the job on large animals. The only issue I have with them, is that once you shoot an animal with them, they are done. I've had one head that I could re-use if I wanted, all the others were pretty beat up. Not a big deal to me, as once I take an animal with a head, I generally don't use it again. I shoot a 100grain tip with full metal jacket arrows, for max down range penetration, and they do the job. Got this little guy this last fall with a Reaper Hades.......

Attachments

• IMG_0229 (800x450).jpg
    IMG_0229 (800x450).jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 370
I never had MX4's fly worth a damn no matter what bow I shot them out of, plus I wasn't happy with the strength of the blades..that's why I went back to shuttle t's

Back