First time mulie hunter

irf1983

I got my first mule deer tag this year for 3rd rifle in central colorado. The area im hunting is mostly wintering grounds at about 9k’ with one main ridgeline up to 10k’. I hunted elk in this area last year during 2nd rifle and saw a couple does but thats it. Saw some nice bucks on adjacent private land and i know some decent bucks have been taken there. I am about to finish Robby Denning’s book which has been great. I was wondering if anyone had other suggestions for good books to read about hunting mulies or even just mule deer behavior/habitat. Also any suggestions or tips for a first timer hunting in this kind of terrain would be bery much appreciated. Obviously I’d love a big buck, but i’m not going to be too picky my first time. Meat in the freezer is more important to me. Thanks in advance!

Get high, hope for a great winter storm to push them down and get away from the road. If you're going to be out there for 5 days or longer, hold out till at least day 3. There are some big deer in Colorado, just need to put your time in. Good luck, I'm hoping to pick up a decent left over/returned tag.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back