First time applying

Captnky

Well, pulled the trigger and applied for the 1st time. Put in for a long shot on a good public land unit with 0 pps. Hoping for the random. But preparing for the worst. As a young guy who's not afraid to do some walking i like to keep optimistic I can burn some leather and find a good buck in a * unit, but time will tell!

Someone tell me if I don't know what I'm doing, but was it worth it to put in for one of less than 100% units? For instance I put 2nd choice as 21 & 3rd as 22. 21 was a 50% first draw last year. Figured I was pretty well guaranteed atleast a unit 22 tag at that point. Excited to look at some pretty country to say the least.

The what you should do. Make your first choice one you wont get so you get a point and then hope for one of the other two. Ive read mixed reviews on unit 21 , and we all know everything on the internet is true. Good luck!

I don't know how much it matters out there but that's the potential for a couple hundred less hunters, one would think it might help! But I'm pretty green on western hunting.

1000 tags for unit 22. They must have an antelope problem!

Last year I drove through 22 and holy cow, yes there were antelope. And holy cow, hardly a shred of accessible public! That was just one highway through the unit though and I know that there is some public in other areas. Best of luck to you Capt!

Hoping I can walk into some of the bigger tracts and see if I can make some magic happen! Not scared to get out and walk, though I know it's not how a ton of guys do it! First time will be a heck of an experience, but a lot of reading on this site hopefully will give me the tools to be successful!

Hope I get to share some dirt in 22 this fall myself.
Good luck fellas!
See ya ...maybe.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back