Fantasy Hunting League

Emailed them today and told them thanks for the invite, but probably wasn't my style. They seem like good guys and they replied that they understood where I was coming from.

Damn, I hope Mrs. Fin doesn't find out how much they are paying these folks, or the fertilizer might hit the ventilator over on Johnson Road.

Just guessing the fertilizer hits the fan on Johnson Road from time to time as it does for most of the rest of us.
Yes honey, my bad.

Dang having CH and the word "fantasy" in the same thread,,,,well has me a bit worked up. I need to go do some push ups.

"Damn, I hope Mrs. Fin doesn't find out how much they are paying these folks, or the fertilizer might hit the ventilator over on Johnson Road."

Just remember we don't pay your bills or I guess we might, kinda, by watching the show. With that being said make sure you take care of mrs. fin or else none of us will be able to watch the show! Happy wife HAPPY LIFE is the TRUTH!

Been married for 10+ years, so I have learned this lesson like many... When momma ain't happy, it's not anytime to mention ANYTHING about spending more money on HUNTING!:eek:

Fantasy is just as it appears, a fantasy. The FHL, Fantasy Hunter league, is a poor excuse for the real life hunting experience. Albeit, the FHL can do away with putting in the long hours of planning, putting in for tags, packing, research, setting up camp and all the aspects of a true hunt. As my years accumulate it never fails to surprise me with the inovations that would replace real life. I, for one, am a realist who saviors each day. I cannot find time to waste with such a concept of a Fantasy Hunting League. IMHO only. Randy, each is an individual with an opinion unto himself to act as he sees fit. MTG

Been married for 10+ years, so I have learned this lesson like many... When momma ain't happy, it's not anytime to mention ANYTHING about spending more money on HUNTING!:eek:

You hit the bullseye on that one, Craig.

22 Happy years today. Thanks Mrs. Fin. Your tolerance of my stupid ways and my absence while hunting is remarkable, and greatly appreciated.

Hopefully she won't wake up and smell the coffee anytime soon, or my stuff will be packed and out on the front lawn with my buddies rummaging through the pieces.

If the Queen ain't happy, there is no peace in the Kingdom. And you can take that to the bank.

Words to live by for you guys recently married.

Give up on the concept of "justice." What you really want is "peace." Peace and justice do not come in a combined package.​
It took me about four years of marriage to realize that. Since then, we hardly have a squabble. Wives want justice, guys want peace. Easy solution. Let her be right, even if you want to be right. If she is right, she is happy, and you have peace.

Peace is what allows you to go hunting. Lots of peace at my house, as Mrs. Fin is almost always right. And because she is married to a knucklehead, she usually will be right.

It has on the TeeVee.

http://www.outdoorchannel.com/Shows/AmericanWhitetailAuthority.aspx

We are now trying to treat deer hunting like bass fishing. I don't like the idea and certainly don't like the execution. I try not to watch this show, but have seen enough to know that I don't like the concept. You may lose points for poor shot placement, but you still shot the deer.

You mean you don't like watching guys gut shoot a doe for 30 points(I honestly don't know the point scheme, but 30 jumped into my head after having seen this poor excuse for "hunting tv" one time)?

IMHO, this will send the wrong message to the next generation of hunters, shooters, sportmen and women. The next generation that our sport needs to promote its' benefits for all. Assigning a point value to a dispatched, hopefully humane, animal is merely ammunition for the anti hunter masses. We have enough trouble justifying our sport as such. Randy, I would like some contact information to forward my views to such an organization that would produce this media wrong doing. I do not want my grand children to be exposed to this hypocracy. MTG

Hey Buzz,

Who will you trade for this guy? I heard he put down two 400 inchers in two years. I think he is worth 2 other guys at least.

Attachments

• 00small17766610.jpg
    00small17766610.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 137
Hey Buzz,

Who will you trade for this guy? I heard he put down two 400 inchers in two years. I think he is worth 2 other guys at least.

Hey, that's that dillweed that killed two high-fenced bulls in ID and tried to enter them in the Book as taken in CO. What a tool.

I am in a fantasy football league at work every year. There are only six of us in the league and its set up fairly easy so we don't have to spend much time on it but I know how it works in general. I can't imagine how a fantasy hunting deal would work. It just sounds like a bad idea dreamed up by someone who spent too much time high in a tree stand, or high, in a tree stand.

Hey, that's that dillweed that killed two high-fenced bulls in ID and tried to enter them in the Book as taken in CO. What a tool.

Is that true? I know a guy who is always bragging about being a guide and getting huge bulls every year, come to find out they are from a hunting ranch. I wonder if the two are related.

I'll take him!:D I do know that he can out hike anyone on this site. Might have to tell him that loin clothes are mandatory though;)

That mofo walked down a lion this week..... WITHOUT his dogs. Also watched him pack out a 9 ft grizzly hide and head by himself..... that crew cab was busting at the seems.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohiochuck
Back