Fantasy Hunting League

I won't tell you to not hoore yourself out, but if you can get more exposure for your company.....
Problem being, who the H would we want on our team other than you/your staff. Not interested myself, just saying.....

I'd like to draft Greenhorn and Bugler. Just so I could follow them and see how they find so many quality animals.

Long-arming Colorado Buck would be hilarious, KHunter.

Tiffany is already on a different fantasy team of mine :hump:

As for this deal, I'd pass. It sort of reinforces the degradation of hunting shows that's already going on with the so-called celebrity hunting shows. I understand the value of having people you can market beyond the shows, but when it takes away from the content and the values behind what originally drove the content it's a net negative.

Funny stuff, guys. Pretty much reflects my feelings on the idea. Glad I posted the thread. Since I had never been in a fantasy league of any sort, I wondered if I was missing something. Guess not.

Now that Dancing With The Stars thing.....don't sell me short, I took a modern dance class as a college freshman in 1985. Me and twenty sorority sisters. If you doubt my moves, just Mrs. Fin. She can vouch that I am one shuckin' and jivin' kinda guy. John Revolting and his Saturday Night Fever moves are pretty basic for my repertoire.

Yup, getting out the platform shoes, gawdy gold chains, and the powder blue leisure suit with the Ban-roll waistband to keep 'em up while I am burnin' up the floor. See if I can find the Cher-style spandex jumpsuit for Mrs.Fin. Gonna spin some vinyl and light up the mirror balls while KC and Sunshine Band shout out Shake Your Booty. Gonna look just like Studio 54 over on Johnson Road this weekend.

Yeah man, we are gonna groove it. Heavy stuff....right on and solid.

What a way to spend our 22nd anniversary ............ And if she reads this, there will NOT be any 23rd anniversary.

Additional exposure would be good.

It sounds like the scoring system is set up to some what level the playing field.

I would like to see you or other OYO folks kick booty against the less skilled and devoted hunters that do what they do.

But my gut feeling is no.

Okay if I have my choice of FIN being on a fantasy hunting show, or dressing up like Travolta and dancin...I go with replacing his with Mrs FIN. OYOA is a Class act all around and with this years shows lookingk like barn burners, I don't believe the fantasy thing will give the show much promotion?
We might try talking ladySportsman into putting the Pig Man before and after OYOA on the schedule? that oughta put the show way over the top?

...As for this deal, I'd pass. It sort of reinforces the degradation of hunting shows that's already going on with the so-called celebrity hunting shows. I understand the value of having people you can market beyond the shows, but when it takes away from the content and the values behind what originally drove the content it's a net negative.

Ditto. This is where I stand in my thoughts...

Right now it's what you want, when you want it, if you want it and sometimes you just go home empty handed and satisfied.
Start throwing in point, awards, etc and SOME might harvest an animal they would otherwise let walk.
Were not talking home runs, twisting dunks or goooooooooooaaaaaaaaaalllls here. We would be reducing life to a game, a trivial game. That does not cause me any ethical heartache because I wont do it.
Yes, I will harvest a big buck/bull to eat and wonder about his green/net/gross score, but never to put points on a roster!
Walk away BF.

It sure sounds like a bad thing to me. You might get some pub but I think it would be in the negative department. I would wait a year and see how things go. If it sticks then you can go for it next year. Nothing to lose if you wait.

Just my .02.

I'm sure Booger Holler, the Mossy Oak Boys and Buck Commanders are game. Sounds like a ghey idea to me.......

Personally I'd say to take a pass BigFin. But I'm just not a fantasy league sort of guy.

Right now it's what you want, when you want it, if you want it and sometimes you just go home empty handed and satisfied.
Start throwing in point, awards, etc and SOME might harvest an animal they would otherwise let walk.
Were not talking home runs, twisting dunks or goooooooooooaaaaaaaaaalllls here. We would be reducing life to a game, a trivial game. That does not cause me any ethical heartache because I wont do it.
Yes, I will harvest a big buck/bull to eat and wonder about his green/net/gross score, but never to put points on a roster!
Walk away BF.

My thoughts exactly.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back