Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Oryx opportunity for purple heart recipients?

LostTexican

My elk hunting buddy was blown up back in '06 and has really taken to western hunting now that he gets around on his own. He called me today to ask if I could look in to an Oryx hunt in new mexico. Gohunt had a pretty low draw odds. Anyone know of a program that helps allocate tags for purple heart recipients? He's not against a guided hunt, just prefers to do it on the public land out there. Thanks for any input.

My elk hunting buddy was blown up back in '06 and has really taken to western hunting now that he gets around on his own. He called me today to ask if I could look in to an Oryx hunt in new mexico. Gohunt had a pretty low draw odds. Anyone know of a program that helps allocate tags for purple heart recipients? He's not against a guided hunt, just prefers to do it on the public land out there. Thanks for any input.
Put in for a guided hunt in New Mexico then. It makes the odds way better I hunted with some guys out of New Mexico last year for Audad. I thought they where great I’m gonna try and do oryx with them this year

Put in for a guided hunt in New Mexico then. It makes the odds way better I hunted with some guys out of New Mexico last year for Audad. I thought they where great I’m gonna try and do oryx with them this year

I’ll look in to this, I did see on GOHUNT that guided was a separate season, I’ll start clicking around. Thanks!

Tell him to look into Wounded Warriors In Action. They do trips only for purple hearts. I'm a purple heart. I've done a couple of turkey hunts with them. Great organization. They do turkey and bear and deer hunts and fishing trips all over the country.

I’ll look in to this, I did see on GOHUNT that guided was a separate season, I’ll start clicking around. Thanks!
Same season just better odds the way the state divides the tags out. If your gonna use one anyways may as well get the better draw odds

The guided odds are not much greater for oryx.

There are some military specific tags for Barbary, but it looks like you have to be active.

Tell him to look into Wounded Warriors In Action. They do trips only for purple hearts. I'm a purple heart. I've done a couple of turkey hunts with them. Great organization. They do turkey and bear and deer hunts and fishing trips all over the country.
He does a lot of stuff with Warrior bonfire, we have been discussing hosting some events ourself.

Idaho offers reduced NR rates for Vets w a disability rating of 40% or greater, something else for him to look into

Back