Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Extreme price gouging

Very thankful that I have about 100 new brass, primers, bullets, powder and dies for my 444. It stupid what people are asking. I recently bought another used 444 for what now amounts to a few boxes of ammo. The crazy has to end... sometime... doesn’t it?

I have 3 of those same boxes sitting in my ammo crate. I quit using them after they exploded a doe like a pumpkin. I better pull them out and sell them.
I am all for having a supply, 3 years, 5 years, lifetime, whatever, but at some point, these prices call for a house cleaning of anything you don’t need laying around. We are all sitting on a goldmine of unwanted crap, with other bills to pay, my suggestion is to strategically take advantage and offload a bit. Don’t just gouge like an a-hole, but do ask for whats fair given today’s tight market. Sock some of that primer money away for your kids college or for when the price drops 80% in a couple years (fingers crossed!)

Very thankful that I have about 100 new brass, primers, bullets, powder and dies for my 444. It stupid what people are asking. I recently bought another used 444 for what now amounts to a few boxes of ammo. The crazy has to end... sometime... doesn’t it?
I was actually regretting passing on a 444 a couple months ago! I was in a local shop this weekend and the only ammo on the shelves was a couple boxes of 444 and 222

Prices on Gunbroker are ludicrous. 300blk are going for over $1/round. I found a hundred rounds in my reloading stuff and no longer have the gun. I think I'll list them for $100 and see what happens.

The trouble is that people are paying those prices.
bingo that's the bottom line I be dang if I ever will. After reading this I feel like I committed larceny two weeks ago buying primers at heck I think it was 4 bucks a 100. Luckily the shop owner has limits on it so one guy don't hoard it for resale. You bastards!!!!

Last edited:
At this rate, I could buy a couple new rifles if I sold my primers. Gonna keep the primers. mtmuley

Where do you live?
Heck Im trying to get some components as well. I'd be happy with a 1000 magnum primers at 100 bucks. I can't find them for anything less than 200 bucks. 1 pounders of H1000 are going for 150+ dollars right now too.... Even trying to buy presses, the ones that are still in stock are priced way up as well. I'm invested though, pretty sure the wife is going to take me out.

If you need stuff, you gotta list your general location.

Its going to have to be a face to face transaction.

If they know your close their more likely to help out.

I am new to reloading, does one need to do something special to ship bullets, powder, or primers? I believe they have to be shipped separately, but know little else.

I am new to reloading, does one need to do something special to ship bullets, powder, or primers? I believe they have to be shipped separately, but know little else.
No restriction on bullets. Loaded ammo requires a small arms ammo sticker. Primers [and maybe powder] require a hazmat "license" or equivalent.

Back