Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Extreme price gouging

Dunning Kruger

This has to be a mistake, right?? The only result for 444 marlin on ammoseek, look at the price for a box of 20. Are you kidding me?Screenshot_20201221-085911_Chrome.jpg

For those interested the business is called extraordinary ammo. Go stock up while theyre having such a wicked sale!

Hell have those people contact me and ill sell them ammo for $6 per round
List your ammo or reloading components on any auction site or classifieds and they will be beating your door down to pay those prices.

I know a guy that just paid over $600 for an 8lb jug of Retumbo and is grinning ear to ear to have it. And, that don't go far when he's loading 111gr per round.

It’s really gotten ridiculous. Prices for ammo and reloading items have got stupid. I saw on gunbroker the other day 3 boxes of ammo go for 277. No thank you at 92 a box.

It’s crazy out there! I picked the complete wrong time to get into reloading. I’ve managed to get everything I need, but I can’t find primers except at ridiculous prices! $100-200 for a 1,000 primers is the best I’m seeing.

It’s crazy out there! I picked the complete wrong time to get into reloading. I’ve managed to get everything I need, but I can’t find primers except at ridiculous prices! $100-200 for a 1,000 primers is the best I’m seeing.
Where do you live?

Hopefully things will eventually loosen up (again). I primarily shoot gophers and prairie dogs and do the reloading for two of us. I keep an absolute minimum of four years supplies on hand. Powder and primers only must be kept dry, and will remain good for a long, long time. I also can’t recall any reloading components ever getting cheaper, rather, they have historically been a very good store of value. I also keep probably 5+ years of big game ammo/components on hand.

You are new to reloading, people that aren’t really don’t have an excuse for not knowing better.

Karl, what primers are you needing?

Hopefully things will eventually loosen up (again). I primarily shoot gophers and prairie dogs and do the reloading for two of us. I keep an absolute minimum of four years supplies on hand. Powder and primers only must be kept dry, and will remain good for a long, long time. I also can’t recall any reloading components ever getting cheaper, rather, they have historically been a very good store of value. I also keep probably 5+ years of big game ammo/components on hand.

You are new to reloading, people that aren’t really don’t have an excuse for not knowing better.

Karl, what primers are you needing?
Yeah I generally keep ammo on hand for maybe two years which is clearly not going to be enough unless I stretch it. I think your 5 year suggestion is the right one and what I’ll be doing from here on.

Trying to track down large rifle primers for my 25/06 and 280.

Back