Elk mountain tents

BunkerBean

Any of you guys have any experience with these wall tents? looking to get a 13x20 for elk camp.

I had a couple of tents self destruct in the Wyoming wind last year so looking for something to with stand weather.

Any of you guys have any experience with these wall tents? looking to get a 13x20 for elk camp.

I had a couple of tents self destruct in the Wyoming wind last year so looking for something to with stand weather.

Had the same problem in Wyoming last year, too. I'm sure many good suggestions will be made, but I noticed after our tent went down last year that a few miles up the mountain someone's tent was still standing. It was nestled in the pines so tight it was barely noticeable. Guess what I'll be doing next year?;)

Yes placement for sure was the issue both times. you live and you learn. I setup in the dark both times in new areas. Expensive lesson to learn over and over.

I like the wire system that elk mountain has, hopefully that aids in sturdyness...

We have had really good luck with Davis Tents. We literally had a large tree blow down within 20 ft of our tent and our tent did not budge.

Davis tents are great, you can't go wrong with one. And I always try to find a spot sheltered in some trees.

I have been using a Kwik Kamp for the last 3 years. It is a 20 year old tent and has been great. First night 3 years ago, thunderstorm with 1" hail and 60mph winds. No issues. My truck didn't fair as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back