Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Early or Late archery season

Camolife84

Going to CO to do a combo elk/mule deer archery combo looking at hunting some of the more crowded units near the denver area. For those with more experience in the area would it be better to go before muzzeloader or after have a flexible schedule and can go for about 10 days anytime in the month of Sept.

Definitely get in there first before the muzzles show. I wouldn’t do any calling tho till they startup in the rut around 9-7 or so. I’ll be in there opening day still hunting the timberlands like a ghost.

My guess would be there would likely be fewer hunters by going early. But if you do you will likely not see the rut or hear bugling except for other hunters. It don't mean you can't score, you're still hunting but one of the cards in your hand will not likely be wild. Still hunt. Maybe use a cow call some. Be on the downwind side of a well used Elk trail or funnel etc before first light.

I don’t think there is a right answer. They are obviously less pressured opening weekend, but I called in 4 bulls last year during 1st rifle, who were all fired up bugling their heads off.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back