Yeti GOBOX Collection

Drew Too Many States!!

wildaggie13

Well, I screwed up this year!. I drew Colorado 54 Archery Mulie(8/29-9/27), Arizona 6B Archery Elk(9/11-9/24), and Wyoming H Mulie (9/1-9/14-archery 9/15-10/7).
The question is which 2 should I go on?? I know I can return tag in Colorado and retain points, but I only have 1 point anyways. I only have 2 weeks off work. I have scouted Colorado and Arizona but haven't been to Wyoming, which is the best tag by far.
Any ideas??
Thanks guys.

focus on AZ and don't leave till you get your bull, stay out of H there aint any deer there!

C

Last edited:
Wow! What a problem to have! I would say AZ for sure and then probably CO.

Draw too many? I got AZ antelope, CO elk and deer, WY deer and antelope, and OR elk. My boss just denied any vacation request. Too bad for him I already have a retirement from the state police....handed him my resignation ...going hunting!!

Good choice 257. You can always make more money, not the same deal with time.

Draw too many? I got AZ antelope, CO elk and deer, WY deer and antelope, and OR elk. My boss just denied any vacation request. Too bad for him I already have a retirement from the state police....handed him my resignation ...going hunting!!

Awesome! :D. Keeping your priorities straight! Love it!

I had my 2 week anual fall hunt/close the cabintime in for vaca in Jan.I drew buck the following week in UT.
Supervisor denied my UT time and started to do same for my alloted time I had posted 6 mo earlier. I had always worked the big holidays to get my Mtn. time in exchange...
I felt sick and went home called in sick next day,got Dr.s note and co-workers/Supervisor couldn't believe I was serious,I got real serious...lawyer serious. Used all my sick/vacation time and applied for early retirement and went to NM to look at property,found ranch. Filled Sierra and coast buck tags and said later to CA.
Didn't go to UT as time for moving on took priority. Gave up all my out of state points now ,even tho I have all the time in the world.

But I have never applied for hunts that fall on the same time/date.....particularly ones in different states.

I'd go AZ elk and consider the others a lesson.....

Last edited:
But I have never applied for hunts that fall on the same time/date.....particularly ones in different states.

I'd go AZ elk and consider the others a lesson.....

Same here. You have to assume that you'll draw them all, even though it seems unlikely.

Same here. You have to assume that you'll draw them all, even though it seems unlikely.

That's what I always figured Glass eye,if I ever had some luck, it would dump on me all at the same time,making it unlucky in the end.....:cool:

No question AZ elk should take priority. Dang both those deer hunts are in pretty physically demanding units. AZ 6 is a cakewalk by comparison. This is a tough combo to try and do. Tough choice there. Glad I've never had this in 20 years. I'd have to pick refund in CO but that is still one valuable point. Not like my 20 elk points there which are worth about a 6 pack of Bud Light.

LMAO, you're my hero!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back