Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

2023 Colorado Elk and Deer

Great write up! congrats!
How did the skull mount go with the sous vide? how long did it have to go?
Amazing. I’m doing all of mine from here on out. Not having to tend a burner makes such a difference. One mount pays for your Sous vide and then some.
IMG_5756.jpeg
IMG_5758.jpeg
24 hours at 160 with two packets of dishwasher detergent. Dump the water and take off as much meat as possible then 24 hours at 150 with laundry detergent.

After I cleaned it up really well and got it down to just bone I did another fresh batch of water and ran it at 130 for about 12 hours with oxiclean and borax to degrease.

50x peroxide painted on in the sun for two days. Rinsed and finished.

Amazing. I’m doing all of mine from here on out. Not having to tend a burner makes such a difference. One mount pays for your Sous vide and then some.

24 hours at 160 with two packets of dishwasher detergent. Dump the water and take off as much meat as possible then 24 hours at 150 with laundry detergent.

After I cleaned it up really well and got it down to just bone I did another fresh batch of water and ran it at 130 for about 12 hours with oxiclean and borax to degrease.

Nice! I think I'll go that route on my next one. It looks like the nose pieces stayed together well? A taxidermist told me the lower temps keeps the nose bones from separating as bad.

Nice! I think I'll go that route on my next one. It looks like the nose pieces stayed together well? A taxidermist told me the lower temps keeps the nose bones from separating as bad.
Yes they are ver firmly in place.

Search the forums for more info. wllm did a much better write up on it awhile back.

Reactions: CMF
I snap a couple photos and gather up my stuff and walk down to the road to wait on my buddy. He comes by a few minutes later and says "they made our favorite dinner (jalapeño poppers and pork loin) and I'm ready to eat my weight in poppers." I said "that's great, but can you help me get this buck out first?" as I hand him my phone.

If I were your hunting buddy, believe I'd start asking for your phone *before* any of the other chit chat. Great adventures, congrats!

View attachment 296856
View attachment 296857

Looks great but that’s a lot of screwing around compared to how I do mine.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back