MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Do you hold out?

Do you hold out for your goal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can't ---NO WAY!
Starting out, I was not picky, did not hold out. Thankful and blessed to be hunting and harvesting. I grew up bird hunting, Maybe that is a factor? The trophy was the 'band', or the longest feather, the biggest covey. You hunt enough, oyoa style on public land, eventually get lucky.
Big game = I feel they are all trophies. I am envious of everything everyone puts out here.
Today, I still cannot be picky - opportunities are fewer, short on time. So if I get the chance, I am not holding out. A heavy pack, or full panyards ROCKS!

I have never been disappointed with an animal I shot, but I have regretted coming home empty handed because I held out for Mr. Big

[QUOTE=L. I. Yankee;2254256]Without a doubt if you are doing your job as a father especially a new one your hunting time will deminish greatly.QUOTE]

I strongly disagree with this statement. I've taken my family hunting with me since my kids were in diapers. When they started jr high we homeschooled them and therefore school didn't get in the way of vacation/hunt time ( all vacations have a hunt in it somewhere) my kids are grown up now and I know I did a good job as a father because my kids have told me so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYHpMLyzxCw&list=UUFmCX5e8nFBCiqGhewo4lpg&index=1&feature=plcp

Last edited:
I will have to agree with Putm2sleep, I would rather put meat in the freezer. Now don't get me wrong, if the opportunity ( a nice big bull ) presents itself, it will take it, but to let meat walk by and season end without punching a tag...I'll take the meat!

Back