Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Dave N Elk tag fund raiser

Donated. If you end up in WY or anywhere south of that, happy to help with scouting and maybe even show up for the hunt depending on timing.

If we hit a dead end on points, another thought is there are several high quality cow elk tags available for 0 pts in CO, but I completely agree with the previously mentioned ideas of WY being best, then some sort of landowner tag purchase or donation being 2nd best. Happy to further discuss CO options with anyone involved.

Any chance a NM landowner tag could be found and donated?
had the same thoughts about landowner tags in colorado - maybe we could even scrounge up enough cash to buy a co unit wide tag, or even better if somehow could get one donated.
Yes and yes, I put down WY and MT as I have experience there and it’s central to most of the forum members if we do a HT camp so everyone can partake if they want.

If enough funds are raised the vouchers are nice. However with my talks with @Big Fin I'm not sure we will be able to afford that.

Yes and yes, I put down WY and MT as I have experience there and it’s central to most of the forum members if we do a HT camp so everyone can partake if they want.

If enough funds are raised the vouchers are nice. However with my talks with @Big Fin I'm not sure we will be able to afford that.

i have a suspicion something will come together for points and a hunt in wyoming.

but, i think if the HT collective had to dig deep, we'd be able to find a way to reach deep into our collective contacts and find something like OTC on private in colorado, vouchers, 0 point tag with trespass fee, who knows. can't rule anything out ;)

i have a suspicion something will come together for points and a hunt in wyoming.

but, i think if the HT collective had to dig deep, we'd be able to find a way to reach deep into our collective contacts and find something like OTC on private in colorado, vouchers, 0 point tag with trespass fee, who knows. can't rule anything out ;)
I have no doubt with the collective knowledge and contacts here we can make this happen for Dave.

With that being said, Dave hurt his knee pretty good last year and had to put off getting it fixed because he was caring for Lori. He has to work thru that this year, get it rehabbed, and in hunting shape. Even with that, this hunt will likely have to be on the easier public or private ground.

So as this progresses we are open to all of the forums suggestions.

Depending on the cost. My understanding is that the vouchers will cost 5k+ for a bull tag. I would love to get one in NM for him but I doubt we will raise that kinda funds.
I support this single NM landowner tag sale as it’s for Dave. All the rest are bullshit. So if there be any landowners with allocated tags who may be inclined to let one go for only a few thousand or maybe even gift a tag… that’s gravy. It’s important to note it doesn’t have to be a bull only tag. When archery is considered some are granted as either sex.

How about @Oak just rigs the draw for the private land hunt raffle to select me as the winner which in turn I will donate the hunt to @Dave N. Winners all the way around!

Wow. You folks are too much! I get home and finally sit down for a bit and all of a sudden it looks like we're having a party somewhere! I'm speechless. As Tony said, I messed up my knee last December and it's doing OK for most normal things but I can make it kick my ass if I do something wrong. Let's just say if a bear was chasing us you all would be safe. As far as states, tags, points, etc. I have no idea what to think. The hunts I went on were buy the tag for this unit and show up. Idaho both times. I'll defer to the experts and do what I need to regarding buying points this fall for next year or whatever. It was assumed this year was too quick being May already. Seeing as how I've been pretty much slacking in the physical activity department I need to step it up and work on my cardio! Doesn't take much to be gasping. I needed to start anyway with summer here. I was told if Cushman could do it, I could! Sounds like a plan.

Wow. You folks are too much! I get home and finally sit down for a bit and all of a sudden it looks like we're having a party somewhere! I'm speechless. As Tony said, I messed up my knee last December and it's doing OK for most normal things but I can make it kick my ass if I do something wrong. Let's just say if a bear was chasing us you all would be safe. As far as states, tags, points, etc. I have no idea what to think. The hunts I went on were buy the tag for this unit and show up. Idaho both times. I'll defer to the experts and do what I need to regarding buying points this fall for next year or whatever. It was assumed this year was too quick being May already. Seeing as how I've been pretty much slacking in the physical activity department I need to step it up and work on my cardio! Doesn't take much to be gasping. I needed to start anyway with summer here. I was told if Cushman could do it, I could! Sounds like a plan.
My group will be going on a type 4 Wyoming elk hunt next year that we've hunted before. Easy terrain and plenty of elk you are more then welcome to join us. No matter what you decide I'd suggest buying a Wyoming elk point this year.IMG_8310.jpg20221013_144854.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avidcork
Back