Creature comforts - What do you bring to base camp?

Lychordia

What do you bring with you to your hunting base camp? I ask, because I find my favorite "must have" to a camp is the bucket toilet seat. It's just nice to sit. I found it funny that my sister didn't know the "fallen log" trick during our day hunts till last year, but back at camp, ah, sweet comfort. I think dad is surprising me this year with a ply-wood box with a seat.

What do you find just makes base camp a little more comfortable for you?

Can't do it backpacking, but camping from a truck I will absolutely bring a pillow. Huge difference in the way I sleep if I've got one. Always admired the old cowboy movie guys who'd use their saddle or a rock, but I like Ol' Puffy if I can bring him.

Bring a pillow case when you backpack hunt.I stuff my hunting clothes in it for a pillow and it keeps them warm as well

A container of moderately good bourbon. I really enjoy a sip as we go over the day, and think about the next.

A camper.

Other than that: sweats & crocs post hunt, bottle of good bourbon and a few dvd's on the laptop.

What do you bring with you to your hunting base camp? I ask, because I find my favorite "must have" to a camp is the bucket toilet seat. It's just nice to sit. I found it funny that my sister didn't know the "fallen log" trick during our day hunts till last year, but back at camp, ah, sweet comfort. I think dad is surprising me this year with a ply-wood box with a seat.

What do you find just makes base camp a little more comfortable for you?

Bring something along to put on that toilet seat and it is much more enjoyable. I used to have a special pair of "outhouse socks" to go on the open front style seat. Foam works very well also.

All I need is to stay warm. Been through cold nights without proper gear. Not fun. mtmuley

I got made fun of relentlessly on a backpack hunt about my croks. By the end of the week, everyone was saying they were getting a pair. I won't leave home without them.

creature comforts - what do you bring to base camp?
A comfortable little creature.
Our antelope camp mascot this year...........
DSCN0215.jpg

I like some jerky from the previous year, a jug of sweet teaa the wife made, definitley don't want to forget a pillow, usually a good read if im by myself, and my fleece pajama pants.

I'll probably need to finally get a smart phone so while at a camp somewhere in bum%#$@, I can keep track of how people feel about what NFL players are doing................

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back