Caribou Gear

Colorado OTC Whitetail

land7601

Hi All, new to the deer forum as I have spent the better part of two years on the elk side of things. Went on an unsuccessful elk hunt this year and am itching to get back in the field. Flipping through my Big Game Brochure I noticed that Colorado offers an over the counter whitetail license good for the entire month of December. I know Colorado is known more for its Muley's than we are our whitetails, but I was curious if any one has ever bought this tag? I hunted deer when I was younger with my dad before he passed away, but have not had the opportunity to since then (lost a lot of knowledge when I lost him).

Just curious if anyone might be able to point me in the right direction as I am a little lost on where to start. I have looked at the hunt statistics, and the number of units I can hunt is limited. I guess, I am just not sure where deer are located that late in the season and how hard it will be to get away from private property in the units I can hunt. Don't want to steal anyone's honey hole, just hoping for some friendly advice.

Thanks in advance!

Alex

West of I-25 just about all the whitetail habitat is on private.

There is some public along the Arkansas and the Pueblo SWA if you're brave enough

Jim.jpg

expect lots of people unless you have access. the 2 swa that have whitetails had at least 1 pick up at every parking spot every time I went(including middle of the week) the year I bought the tag ... If you just want to get out then go for it. keep your hopes and dreams realistic though...you wont get one if you don't go

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ss8
Back