Colo Moose draw success

What a moose! Thanks for sharing your story. I don't know much about moose, but if I saw him with a tag in my pocket, it would be big enough!

Congrats!

These new muzzleloaders are called in-line muzzleloaders. I struggle to call them muzzleloaders because of the advancements so I call them in-lines. I think they should be called Shorter range Single Shot rifles.

Good grief what a moose! I had a tag in E Idaho last year I turned in and seeing your bull makes me fired up to apply when my wait is over. You put in the time and earned it, congrats!

Mtn West we have some good units over here close to Idaho Falls that hold some good bulls. I know a few of them if you draw let me know and I can probably help out. My wife and I drew over here as did two friends of mine.

Great bull!

Congrats again. I'm glad you didn't take my advice "Don't shoot the first bull you see"

Did you get a score on him yet? My archery bull from the same unit went 153 6/8 gross 47 inches wide.

Just curious,

Sandbrew

Thanks John I think it was good timing for me in more ways than one it seems like there were many good bulls taken. Brandon poked fun at me on MM and posted the picture of their clients bull which was a good one also. My bull was 163/155/46/373. Most importantly CWD-None Detected. My bull had the artery worms in it I was surprised at how threadlike like they are. It has been great corresponding with you I will probably contact you when the OIL applications for Colo draw (no pun intended) near. Have a great winter.

Thanks for the update.

I'm pretty impressed that out of 9 tags in the unit I know of 4 B&C bulls being taken. And 2 with bows.

Mine 153 gross 148 net 47 wide archery
Yours 163 gross 155 net 46 wide rifle
One 169 gross 163 net 53 1/2 wide archery
Another 157 score but also 53 wide rifle

That's a pretty good haul of moose for one unit.

Mine also had some blood system worms.

Sandbrew

Last edited:
Back