College Football šŸˆ Season is Here !!

Glad it's back. Big game tonight for the Nittany Lions. We are.

Looking forward to my Ducks being in the Big 10 next year , my Ducks owe you guys a butt kicking, Iā€™m still not over the 95 Rose šŸŒ¹ Bowl šŸ¤ 

I hate the PAC 12 dissolved, and there wonā€™t be traditional Rose Bowl anymore. But thatā€™s the landscape of college football now

High School for me.

"Well, it's a Thursday night but theres a high school game
Sneak a bottle up the bleachers and forget my name
These 5A bastards run a shallow cross
It's a boys last dream and a man's first loss"

-Isbell's Speed Trap Town

High School
College

NFL

High School for me.

High School
College

NFL

I miss Highschool football, my little town back in Oregon Iā€™d go see a few games every fall on Friday nights , I lived close enough to walk , havenā€™t seen a HS game or. College game live since I moved to MT

NIL, transfer portal, conference realignment...all of it making college football worse.

But, still, it's not the NFL, yet...Go Tigers!

I agree , but from my perspective as a big Oregon fan , when the PAC 12 conference started to dissolve, seeing Oregon land in the best situation possible, to help continue with recruiting and putting Oregon in the best games and matchups. I was happy with the results, at the end of the day itā€™s just football, and Iā€™ll enjoy seeing them play regardless of who they line up against

Working on getting tickets to the game. Itā€™s been hard getting 4 people to all agree on where to sit šŸ™„

The stadium is about a mile from the house, so I can generally just sit out on the back porch and listen along to the ducks home games.

Iā€™m sitting on the couch all day and enjoying the games , watching TCU vs Colorado, Iā€™m interested to see what Coach Prime can do with the buffs , theyā€™ve been a joke for awhile. If he can get them to a 6-7 win season after taking over a 1-11 squad would be pretty impressive

If he can get them to a 6-7 win season after taking over a 1-11 squad would be pretty impressive
86 new players for CO...last year couldn't be more irrelevant.

Apparently any school has no obligation to honor scholarships beyond a year?

I mean, even the NFL has contracts...

I think the university has to give the kids from last year an academic scholarship even if they are no longer on the team. It was part of some rule NIL related.

Working on getting tickets to the game. Itā€™s been hard getting 4 people to all agree on where to sit šŸ™„

The stadium is about a mile from the house, so I can generally just sit out on the back porch and listen along to the ducks home games.

My 1st duck game was 94 vs Arizona St , Pat Tillman was on that team , Ducks won , went to one game every year after , got season tickets in 2000 and had them till my divorce in 14 , lots of great memories, and saw a lot more victories than loses , it was a lot of fun having the season tickets when the kids were little and having that as a family event every fall going to games
IMG_0105.jpegIMG_0007.jpegIMG_0227.jpegIMG_0094.jpegIMG_0088.jpeg

Last edited:

Not sure how all that goes down , but he cleaned house to create a new culture. Iā€™m pretty sure all the kids that left just went to different teams

High School for me.

High School
College

NFL
PHS, 5A champs 2 years straight. I was the smallest guy on the JV team.
Missed the last year of games in the Rosebowl. Home field for the city championships. 70,000 in stands.

I was in the real battle by then. Got my diploma in 1974 when I got home.
2 guys I played against were already out of the NFL 2 years into their careers.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzog
Back