Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

CO Leftover License List

Just because they are on the list doesn't mean you will be able to get the tag ... 20 deep in line when I wen my by the pueblo Dow .. Last year I showed up 45 minutes later and was 5th in line

Anybody have any luck. Apparently over the phone isn't really an option as I called probably 100 times with two different phones and got nothing but busy signals. Haha.

Good thing I wasn't relying on the left over tags. Ha

25 minutes in on 2 phones, my neck hurts and am starting to get delirious already - send water and a strong asian woman for a massage please

67 attempted calls between 2 phones, the license list was refreshing online every 5 minutes. I got through to the line around 9:20 MT, heard the menu options then got kicked off the call and refreshed to see the tag I wanted had just sold out.

I'm glad to see that they are updating the left over list so at least I know to stop calling now. The ones I was after are gone.

I took a spin around this morning and didn't think the lines were too bad. Not as bad as I was expecting, anyway. But I don't typically do the first day leftover sale thing.

Cabela's. Only a handful of people, but the front door was unlocked. May have been people inside.
Cabelas.jpg

Local state park office. Maybe 15 people
Corn.jpg

CPW office. About 50 cars.
CPW.jpg

Sportsman's Warehouse. 20 or so people.
Sports.jpg

someone finally snapped up the last tag I had on my list. Now I can wait till later to get the elk tag I want

Oak - do you know if the DOW keeps records of tags that are returned from previous years? I'd be interested to know if the tags from NW Colorado that were returned was a normal amount, or higher because of all the the "doom and gloom" of a bad winter on the herds.

Oak - do you know if the DOW keeps records of tags that are returned from previous years? I'd be interested to know if the tags from NW Colorado that were returned was a normal amount, or higher because of all the the "doom and gloom" of a bad winter on the herds.

I have no idea, but I'm sure it is all in the stats somehow. I doubt it has been teased out. I know that you can get an idea of how many moose, sheep and goat tags are reissued, because in the harvest stats it lists tags issued vs. hunters. Sometimes you will see more tags issued than were available initially. Example: a unit might have 3 ram licenses available, but the harvest stats might say 5 ram licenses issued and 3 people hunted. That means that two licenses were returned and reissued.

I think you are seeing those tags because of the rule change where you have to return those tags before the leftovers list comes out, where as in previous years you could hold them right up until the season started. I know a couple of guys who have drawn scouted all summer and if they didn't see anything they wanted returned their tag and kept their points, only to do the same thing the next season. Also I know there are a bunch of guys in my area who have license machines and put their own names in right when it opens so good luck to anyone trying to get a premium leftover tag at a public location... not going to happen.

I got the same leftover cow tag I always get. 6 in line ahead of me, all the good reissued tags gone by my turn. Not a huge deal, fall is pretty booked already and I can take my 7yo son on the cow hunt. Congrats to those getting primo tags.

I ended up driving to the DOW office to pick up a late season cow tag, kept watching the numbers get lower and didn't want to miss out. Good thing I did, by the time I drove home they are all gone. It's going to be a great fall/early winter!

Tried to get through for a while before giving up. Was hoping to get that 57,58 4th rifle bull tag, or the 3rd rifle deer hunt for the same area. I'm sure it was just a pipe dream anyway. Guess I'll have to wait until I actually have the points to draw. Would have been nice to hunt and scout for my future tag though!

Well, the lines at Cabelas and Sportsman's weren't too long, but at least 3 guys spent the night at each one. I was 3rd in line at my local store, watched a guy draw a 66 ML tag... that was it. I put in for units that took 2-4 points and struck out. Back home at 9:14. "IF YOU'RE NOT FIRST, YOU'RE LAST, RICKY BOBBY!"

Makes me miss living in Wyoming! I called a few dozen times and got the busy signal each time. Didn't think it would be that cutthroat. Think I'll pick up a 2nd season cow tag for 42 if there are any left in the morning. Gotta try to fill the freezer as the pickins are getting low!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back