CO Leftover License List

Wow, I made a huge mistake selecting the OTC license if I failed to draw...

Wow, I made a huge mistake selecting the OTC license if I failed to draw...

Exactly what I just thought (on all 3 species, mind you deer wasn't "OTC", but basically).

I'm tempted to turn in my 3rd season deer tag for an Archery tag near one of my Grouse spots. With both my brits retired now, it will give me an excuse to carry the bow instead of the shotgun :)

I'm a little confused here, there are tags available that take residents a point or two to draw? Is that pool from people who turned them in for a refund?

There has to be some scheme people are doing with returned tags. These numbers are insane.

What kind of scheme? Last year when CPW was proposing to change the regulation to reissue returned licenses, they said that they were averaging over 9,000 refunds and over 800 preference point restorations each year, amounting to a revenue loss of about $1.8 million. So nearly 10,000 licenses are returned annually.

I'm not really angry about the bear tag since guys probably put in for it banking on an archery tag they didn't get. I needed to either buy a point or lose them this year, so I dumped them and was lucky to draw my archery deer tag. No biggie. I can usually get an OTC w/caps for bear anyway where I normally archery hunt elk, so I didn't need the points.

Some extremely high quality tags available albeit in small numbers...Going to be wild at the counters and on the phone come 2 Aug!

I'd prefer to see CPW reissue to the next eligible applicant in the pool that did not draw. August 2nd is going to be a CF.

The re-issue of tags is definitely going to change how I apply moving forward. This years left over draw really kicked my nads on the deer draw after I saw the tags available on the left over list. Really wish I didn't put in for a ES archery tag in a unit that I have never hunted before since it looks like I could have picked up a tag for handful of units I hunt pretty regularly and could spend way more time hunting in.

Same here. The above timber hunt I didn't draw is on there, but I snagged something quasi local off the leftover draw already. Win some, lose some....

Back