Caribou Gear

CO Leftover draw??

lifesupport4u

This will be my first time doing the leftover draw... will be curious how that turns out. Anyone know when I should expect the list in the mail and if points play any role in it? Is it completely random since its "leftover" or do points matter?

It's my understanding the leftover draw is random.

Buying leftover licenses... well

It's a chit show... first come, first served... be prepared to be on the phone right when they open and call until you get through. (For desired tags, not quite as bad for Cow elk, bear tags, ect.)

http://cpw.state.co.us/thingstodo/Pages/Leftover.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
If its anything like last year you might as well not even bother calling for leftovers unless its a cow tag or something. Called for like 3 hours just because I got irritated with it last year, never got through.

Honestly your better off going into a vendor... but that said you are 100% not going to get that tag for a 10 point unit that gets returned. First they changed the system from last year and second there are lots of guys with license machines that put themselves in for those 1 second after the system goes live.

Since wllm1313 mentioned reissue tags, there have been significant changes:

Reissue 5+ point tags are now manually re-issued. Re-issues are now added to the list at random times. No more preview list. No more "Tuesday morning frenzy"

Yeah vanish I'm hoping I can by my private land cow tag the first week instead of having to wait several days for the craziness to subside.

This will be my first time doing the leftover draw... will be curious how that turns out. Anyone know when I should expect the list in the mail and if points play any role in it? Is it completely random since its "leftover" or do points matter?

It is a random drawing. No waiting in line or watching the CPW site every hour to see what reissued tags became available. You should have a list of available tags for the July drawing in the mail in the next 2 weeks, then apply and wait for the July draw results. The reissue rodeo happens after the leftover drawing. As noted above, no points used or generated in the leftover drawing. Good luck.

Have they always done a leftover draw in CO i thought after the initial draw it went to first come first serve in August?

Have they always done a leftover draw in CO i thought after the initial draw it went to first come first serve in August?

I don't know when it started, but its been there for at least the last 10 years.

If you aren't familar with this process it can hard to understand. To put it short and sweet, the july drawing for leftovers will not be much on it of value. As it's truly what's leftover. The August list will have returned tags as well as the remaining leftovers. So there will be a one day race to get the "reissued tags" on aug 1. It will be a frenzy that morning! So have a plan to secure a tag if u find one on the list u like. There will be no more true glory tags as any tag that takes 5 points or more will go to the next app. But there will still be some tags out there. For instance, I'm turning my tag back in because I drew utah this year for elk. Also the leftover list will be constantly updated and tags can appear at anytime after aug 2 as well!

Zach, I sent it again. Let me know if you don't get it again. We'll try something else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back