Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Choosing a revolver - what factors to consider?

For the last few years ive been carrying a s&w 627 pc. .357 mag with a 5" barrel and an 8 round cylinder. Just seems like the all around ideal gun to me.

I never been a revolver guy but the K6 has me thinking about one.

If you're happy with a .357, then I do really like my K6s 3". I'd have considered carrying it in non-Grizzly areas if I could have found a kydex holster that would mount to the micro-aggression panel by Gunfighters Inc., as I really like the consistency of having the revolver about the same hip area, whether training, action shooting competition or carrying in the backcountry.

The trigger on the K6s is fantastic and it's very narrow for a 6 shot.

Cheers

And practice. A lot. Send a bunch of rounds down range and know that thing like it's your John Thomas.
Amen Ben

I use Diamond D chest rigs.

I carry a Redhawk 44 mag and a Blackhawk Hunter 45 Coit. Both 7 1/2 inch. Sometimes a Para Ordnance P14-45. All iron sights only.

As my eyes have gone past their sell-by date the front sight has gotten pretty hard for me to pick up. Years of practice have paid off in muscle memory.

I not gonna hijack the thread with my trading drill. There are guys here who have combat and competition experience with more right to speak.
I will say you don’t just strap on a loaded weapon and go practice your draw live fire. You need to start with a double verified unloaded weapon and work up to live fire, stress shooting , and jam clearing training.

Momma laughs that no soup cans stay in the kitchen garbage. I finally got her trained to put them in a bag for me. I love rolling cans and those bouncing rubber targets.

Thanks again everyone. I finally had some time to read all your posts in detail.

It looks like Smith & Wesson is the most popular brand by a long shot, with models 329, 629, 69, and 29 getting most attention. More recommended .44 mag than any other, with .41 mag next in line. It appears 4 inches is a common barrel length.

I hadn't heard of guns with titanium or scandium frames before, so that's good to know about. Rubber grips make a lot of sense too, as does a chest holster.

If I get to buy one, my top choice would likely be a S&W 329PD in .44mag with rubber grips. With MSRP at $1,159 before modifications, I'd probably have to find a used one or a really good sale price for that model.

Thanks again everyone. I finally had some time to read all your posts in detail.

It looks like Smith & Wesson is the most popular brand by a long shot, with models 329, 629, 69, and 29 getting most attention. More recommended .44 mag than any other, with .41 mag next in line. It appears 4 inches is a common barrel length.

I hadn't heard of guns with titanium or scandium frames before, so that's good to know about. Rubber grips make a lot of sense too, as does a chest holster.

If I get to buy one, my top choice would likely be a S&W 329PD in .44mag with rubber grips. With MSRP at $1,159 before modifications, I'd probably have to find a used one or a really good sale price for that model.

I found mine used. There a great deals to be had if you are patient. I paid about 50% of MSRP....

I found mine used. There a great deals to be had if you are patient. I paid about 50% of MSRP....

I have heard of them selling pretty cheap as many folks buy them liking the idea of a super light but super powerful revolver, then they shoot it...and feel the pain. It's not a plinking gun with full magnum loads as that manly gun all of a sudden makes grown men meek. Good news for you if you can pick one up cheap, but that's also solid without issues.

I have heard of them selling pretty cheap as many folks buy them liking the idea of a super light but super powerful revolver, then they shoot it...and feel the pain. It's not a plinking gun with full magnum loads as that manly gun all of a sudden makes grown men meek. Good news for you if you can pick one up cheap, but that's also solid without issues.

Mine looked just about brand new.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back