Butt Shot???

That artery carries a tremendous amount of blood in an animal and a human. Cut it and like was said, you only have a few seconds to give your last regards!

I accidentally shot a whitetail buck back there. Thought it was gonna be a long track job. I backed out for 6 hours and upon return, found a tremendous blood trail and my buck not 100 yards from where I'd shot him. Hit him right in the artery and it was a quick death. I got lucky!

A buddy made that horrible hit several years ago. ANother buddy had double lunged one about 1 minute before, so they went and worked up the buddies bull... waiting to give the other some time... when they finished boning out and hanging the first bull, they went back to see what the deal was with the ass shot bull...and low and behold, found him stiff as hell about 75 yards away...

Lucky!

I had a friend bead up on a bull and right when he was going to shoot, a cow bumped the bull from behind and sent the arrow directly in the hind quarter. All bummed out he goes over to where the bull was standing and directly up hill 75 yrds the bull was laying dead. He said it look like someone had sprayed blood all the way up the hill. He hit him directly in the femoral artery and he was dead quick!

Same story here. A friend of mine who just started bowhunting texted me while I in my stand stating that he had just shot a doe way back and wondered if he should do next (track, go home and come back later, or sit still). Said that the doe sounded like it made a cough sound and then sounded like it crashed. I told him to look for sign of a hit and if he wanted to wait for me to drive over to help, which would give it time to die if wounded. He text me back and said that she went 20 yards from the shot and was laying almost where she was shot. Hit her right in the ham and there was blood everywhere. As long as it works, but I would never consider that an option if the deer (or elk) is angling away.

I had this happen on a broadside 20 yard shot, my bow limb hit a fir tree limb and bad things happened. Hit him right in the hind, cow called to him to stop him, getting ready to take another shot when he started stumbling and fell over. DRT in about 90 seconds. Not something I'm proud of, but glad it turned out the way it did.

Just goes to show HOW SCREWED you would be if you made a bad slip with your knife up in the hills and took out your femoral... I talked to several EMT's with lotsa military experience and such and they basically said... you are screwed....

That artery is pretty big and pumps a lot of blood. Had he shot it dead on up the butt it would be considered a "Texas heart shot" sorry Texans I couldn't resist.

Just goes to show HOW SCREWED you would be if you made a bad slip with your knife up in the hills and took out your femoral... I talked to several EMT's with lotsa military experience and such and they basically said... you are screwed....

Yep. Put your head between your legs and kiss your sweet a$$ good-bye.

Fred Bear supposedly shot for the femoral quite often. Apparently a very effective shot in the right hands.

Well I guess it couldnt be much lower of a percentage shot than a front on shot, and lots of guys will take those.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back