Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

CO non-typical

T Bone

Colorado's open-air meat market continues to be generous.

I hit the mountain Monday and hunted hard.

Wednesday evening, I spotted 4 bulls nd put them to bed.

Thursday morning they were exactly where they were supposed to be.

I had time to set up for a 350 yard shot a a calm, broadside bull.

Once he stepped into an opening in the brush, the dirty 30 sent one.

He went crashing out of sight. I ate some food and wandered over to where he was standing.

Hit confirmed. Exactly the kind of blood a person wants to see.

I followed an easy trail about 80 yards and found him.

A nice clean 6 on one side and a clubbed out driver's side.

Spent the day boning and shuttling meat to the trail. Brought a hind and antlers down that afternoon, with plans to finish Friday.

Came back Friday morning to find two hunters had taken 2 of the three meat bags. Boot prints told the story. Pretty sure I know who took them...2 hunters from PA....as I'd only seen them in the area.

Came off the mountain, called Jake, the game warden. He was professional. They took a DNA sample. In all likelihood, nothing will likely come of it, but who knows?

Overall, a great season.

Attachments

• 20231102_083258.jpg
    20231102_083258.jpg
    8.5 MB · Views: 365
  • 20231102_095923.jpg
    20231102_095923.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 317
  • 20231102_095226.jpg
    20231102_095226.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 315
Last edited:
Colorado's open-air meat market continues to be generous.

I hit the mountain Monday and hunted hard.

Wednesday evening, I spotted 4 bulls nd put them to bed.

Thursday morning they were exactly where they were supposed to be.

I had time to set up for a 350 yard shot a a calm, broadside bull.

Once he stepped into an opening in the brush, the dirty 30 sent one.

He went crashing out of sight. I ate some food and wandered over to where he was standing.

Hit confirmed. Exactly the kind of blood a person wants to see.

I followed an easy trail about 80 yards and found him.

A nice clean 6 on one side and a clubbed out driver's side.

Spent the day boning and shuttling meat to the trail. Brought a hind and antlers down that afternoon, with plans to finish Friday.

Came back Friday morning to find two hunters had taken 2 of the three meat bags. Boot prints told the story. Pretty sure I know who took them...2 hunters from PA....as I'd only seen them in the area.

Came off the mountain, called Jake, the game warden. He was professional. They took a DNA sample. In all likelihood, nothing will likely come of it, but who knows?

Overall, a great season.

Cool bull, so sorry about the meat! People are scum...

Nice work on the bull but that sucks about the meat. Sorry to hear that!

Awesome bull, truly awful someone stole some meat. People are the worst

Nice bull! I love the unique ones. I hate the scumbags out there... i dont know what would bring someone to do that.

Lmao. Those guys should be proud. Had a great hunt! Do you think one of them tagged the bags of meat? Almost would have had to
Could you imagine going back home and telling friends and family about the elk you got…. Those dudes must be miserable knowing they are so lame that they had to steal someone else’s meat

I’m sure it comes with a story of the guy shot it out from under us we helped him pack it out and he gave us this meat
Except that story wouldn't make it past a game check station without written permission.
Thieves are the scum of the earth. Wish we had laws that had teeth. Good looking bull btw.

yeesh, I always I thought I was excessively paranoid for thinking something like that might happen when I hang quarters somewhere. Lo and behold…

Or just tell everyone you donated some of your elk to a couple of poor hunters(oops lousy hunters) who were unable to hunt for themselves
Pity I can't see the whole pick of the bull but way to go, and a generous hunter too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back