Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Bozeman or bust?

Gunner21

I am hunting Antelope in WY next month. Unfortunately, I didn't draw more than a buck tag in WY and no Antelope tags in MT, so my wife and son are flying out 6 days after me from back east to make it into a little vacation. We are staying in the Bozeman area for 5 days to get a better feel for the area for a potential relocation in the future. I have been to Bozeman several times for short stays over the last 30+ years, my wife has only been to Bozeman for a few days overall. Anytime we are in the area, we are usually Go-Go-Go and don't stop to smell the roses. Is there anything we should pay attention to, make sure we look at while in the area? We have been watching job search sites for the area too. I am in civil engineering and she is in distribution sales. Our son will be starting school in a few years, too. Any advice, help, or direction is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

There's some great and one not so great civil firm there. Plenty of work right now.

Visit Big Fin.

Fly fishiing will be good, hoppers in the afternoon.

museum of the rockies

the Griz encounter is ok.

If you have time drive down to gardiner and see the Roosevelt Arch and North entrance to YNP. There is also a new cetner down there I have not yet seen.

Being from Bozeman, one of my favorite areas to drive and check out has always be the Flying D ranch (Ted Turner's). Beautiful drive, close to town, and it takes you to a nice trailhead on National Forest. Also check out the 16 mile creek area near Maudlow. It's a pretty nice drive but just stay on the road...they don't like visitors up there too much!

Being from Bozeman, one of my favorite areas to drive and check out has always be the Flying D ranch (Ted Turner's). Beautiful drive, close to town, and it takes you to a nice trailhead on National Forest. Also check out the 16 mile creek area near Maudlow. It's a pretty nice drive but just stay on the road...they don't like visitors up there too much!

I'd like to take that drive sometime. Can you be more specific about the route that you take through the Flying D?

There's some great and one not so great civil firm there. Plenty of work right now.

I drove through Bozeman last year on my way to hunt below Ennis and then back through week later. I can't believe how much the area has grown. The guy who packed my crew out said the area is booming.

I'd like to take that drive sometime. Can you be more specific about the route that you take through the Flying D?

From 191, turn west onto Spanish Creek Rd. This road will take you all the way to the trailhead...probably 8 or 10 miles. There are endless hiking, hunting, and fishing opportunities from there as well, although I haven't seen many elk in there at all in the past 10 years. Beautiful drive though and plenty of wildlife to be seen.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hali843wl
Back