Donated my ‘loper tag…..

MTGunner

Well, things have a way of turning to s__t in different ways. I donated my 2023, 700 zone antelope tag this AM. My wife is having health issues and will undergo radiation and chemotherapy these next few months. Therefore, I deemed it unnecessary to hunt antelope during these trying times. I donated my tag to the MTFWP disabled veterans program. I have been fortunate to have taken many ‘lopers in the past and feel good about my decision. I may or may not have the opportunity to hunt big game this upcoming season. Good ‘nuff! My wife’s health is my priority. We have enjoyed good health up to and including our 70’s. Age comes with trials and diminished capabilities. We both understand the complications of aging and accept our future. It is what it is. With hope some veteran will take a really good speed goat and enjoy the hunt. MTG

Sorry to hear about your wife’s health battle, hope she kicks butt beating it.

Love the decision on who to donate to, I’m sure it will make someone very happy

What a positive post and outlook. Sounds like you are in great spirits and I pray for you to be able to continue that way along with your wife's health. Maybe your good carma of turning in a tag will result in a big positive chain reaction!

I wish your wife the best and I am confident that the recipient of that tag will be thrilled.

Hope your wife heals up quick. My wife went through this a couple years ago. Life changes fast.

Best wishes. Fight hard!

You are a great partner in every sense of the word. I think a good mindset and support are just as important as all the medical knowledge and technology. Thoughts are with you and your bride of 52 years.

Thoughts and prayers for a quick healing and recovery. Your a good Man and God blesses the faithful.

Concerning pronghorn I’ve drove Hwy 212 about a 1000 times since 2016 and pronghorn numbers are down considerably. I used to see 200 Pronghorn in 135 miles from Colony SD to Ashland, yesterday I seen approximately 40, and 12-15 deer.. I had a spot we hunted last year and seen 20-50 every time we hunted this area and there is a handful now.

Keeping your wife in our prayers. That sucks. Attitude is a huge part of getting through, and it seems like she has that part nailed.

Hope the tag recipient has a great hunt.

Back