Caribou Gear

bozeman,mt whitetail?

golfer

I was wondering if there are any decent whitetail hunting spots around bozeman that are on public or blm lands as i will be there this fall for school any help would be appreciated.

Now that is a tough one, unless you have some inside scoop on access. Sometimes the farmers out Belgrade way will allow some hunting, and you can go to the Headwaters area out by Trident/Three Forks and there is some public land out there. Given the number of hunters in the valley, those places that are public get hit pretty hard.

Good luck.

thanks for the info i alsoo hear that up by Wilsal has some whitetails do ya have any info for up there?

Coming from the country you are coming from, it will be a downgrade for sure.:):) There are some block management areas around wilsal that do have whitetails for sure but i don't think they will be as good as what ive seen come out of areas near you.....

Get a couple valleys away from town on some block management along a river bottom and you won't have any trouble finding some whitetails. Maybe not the quality your used to, but I haven't had trouble finding does to fill the freezer.

Yes, as it's not a real secret ........ buy yourself a good map and look for State (school) land around the Gallatin; some of it can be hard to access but worth it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back