Caribou Gear

2023 Montana deer

We got to 435 yards and Dad made a great shot, his best whitetail buck. Dad's not a quitter even at 78 years old and never thought about shanking a tent.
That's gold and then some.

Grats to the three of you.

Your old man got a dandy. Public? 😂🤪🙄

Maybe 145”?

Congrats regardless…….

Effin’ Wyoman’s 😜

Your old man got a dandy. Public? 😂🤪🙄

Maybe 145”?

Congrats regardless…….

Effin’ Wyoman’s 😜
Yes public...sort of a dumb question. I think the only deer my family has ever shot on private are a few river bottom whitetail does in the 1980's where Walmart now is on north reserve street in Missoula. The other 130-140 we've taken all from public land. You wouldn't have a prayer even if I gave you coordinates.

Atta boy Buzz. Congrats on all the success. Your dad’s buck is a stud!
7-08 or 243 this year?

The multi-generational deer camp aspect is especially cool, but man that is a great buck your dad got. Awesome stuff. Congratulations to you guys.

Great story and great your dad getting that big one! Another old guy UM grad strikes gold. I missed a whopper whitetail like that three days ago out on the prairies of the Hi Line. In ten years I've never seen a whitetail on that BMA property. Very rarely see one that big anywhere on the East Side. Should have been easy but I screwed up. Made it right taking a big muley buck the next morning with a much more difficult shot. Both were memorable stalks.

Last edited:
You guys don't mess around when it comes time to shoot bucks! Another great season for the Hettick family.

I had a blast hanging out with you guys. Your dad definitely deserved that buck, and it was so cool to see how happy he was with it. Impressive as hell that at his age he still gets after it like that.

I snagged this cool picture of a tailgate bragging session. A lot of Montana deer hunting knowledge between you three.

20231121_135713.jpg

Yes public...sort of a dumb question. I think the only deer my family has ever shot on private are a few river bottom whitetail does in the 1980's where Walmart now is on north reserve street in Missoula. The other 130-140 we've taken all from public land. You wouldn't have a prayer even if I gave you coordinates.
God, your elegance is remarkable…
Everyone faces their day of judgement, ya know…
Be more kind…

I only asked cuz you laughed at me when I tried to give some advice to another. And for the record, I don’t believe you. Happy holidays Buzz…

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back