Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Wyoming outfitters looking for points.

Brittany Chukarman

I've read a couple times now that some outfitters are offering deals for points. I've done some looking and haven't found any so far. I have 12 points and kind of a strange request. I know to never say never but at this time I don't really care to kill another mule deer. I haven't even applied for my Oregon landowner muley tags for 10 years. Physically, I no longer have the legs for a mountain hunt. What I would like to make a deal for is a whitetail hunt. Discount, DIY access to private, I'm open to all ideas. Could even be a management hunt. I guess the problem could be matching up a mule deer unit that has good whitetail habitat. Appreciate any info or help. Doesn't necessarily have to be an outfitter either.

In WY I have heard of it with point sharing. You party apply with someone else and get average of your points. If an outfitter needs 6 to draw his area he would give you and your 12 a small discount to parry apply with someone with 0 points

Yes, that's the general idea. An outfitter has a client that needs some more points to draw and book with him. So far I haven't come across any, just rumor.

Is it legal to profit from group applications?

Meaning I have 10 and someone has 6 and needs 8 to get in a draw and we go in as a group at an average of 8.
Then they pay me say $1000 for piggybacking on my points.

Is this legal? If so, I bet it is being abused in Wyoming in a bad way.

Is it legal to profit from group applications?

Meaning I have 10 and someone has 6 and needs 8 to get in a draw and we go in as a group at an average of 8.
Then they pay me say $1000 for piggybacking on my points.

Is this legal? If so, I bet it is being abused in Wyoming in a bad way.
Yes, why wouldn't it be?

Yes, it's happening.

I'm not looking to profit with cash. I would actually be trading down.
I hope this doesn't generate a bunch of bullshit.
The problem you're going to have is finding a tag to draw for whitetail. Most of the better wtail hunting is in areas with low point requirements.

There was an outfitter on FB looking for someone with 16 points (elk) to join a group for a general tag. I choose to burn my points on a LE area.

I've read a couple times now that some outfitters are offering deals for points. I've done some looking and haven't found any so far. I have 12 points and kind of a strange request. I know to never say never but at this time I don't really care to kill another mule deer. I haven't even applied for my Oregon landowner muley tags for 10 years. Physically, I no longer have the legs for a mountain hunt. What I would like to make a deal for is a whitetail hunt. Discount, DIY access to private, I'm open to all ideas. Could even be a management hunt. I guess the problem could be matching up a mule deer unit that has good whitetail habitat. Appreciate any info or help. Doesn't necessarily have to be an outfitter either.
Wishing I could draw in Wyoming!

Is there a way to get the names of people in WY and how many points they have? Before this year, I never received any sort of mail or reach out from WY outfitters. This year, it was crazy. Lots of brochures in the mail. A few emails. One phone call. I hit 10 points for this draw and perhaps they knew and wanted to use my points to help another client in the general?

What are you looking for in a Whitetail hunt?

I was hoping to leverage my points with an outfitter that had clients needing points in exchange for access to good, private whitetail habitat in the same hunt area.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back