Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Best subcompact tractor

I used a 45hp Kubota very regularly, from about 2012-2018. I had no dealer support within 120 mi for any make, so I had to rely on coordinating with them for parts to try to pick up while traveling and do the maintenance myself, or independent shop.
As it relates to your question, I did find that Kubota parts were a pain to get. Ship times were long even then, and it always seemed like a cluster to find something then physically get it delivered to the nearest dealer. Maybe I just had bad luck.

I may to have talked myself out of the value of this thread.

1. In the 5 years I've had my existing tractor (craigslist special from just up the road) it's never been to a shop and I've never consulted a shop, it's been youtube and online parts orders. So I have no idea who has the best customer service.
2. I don't currently have a trailer so any repair work I need is going to be done at the local auto and tractor repair guy, 2 miles down the road (he has my yanmar as we speak) and I'll either drive there or have him come and pick something up.
3. Tractors appear to be just like truck and guns and girls. Everyone has their own preference and there doesn't appear to be any objective differences.

However, it did make me actually look at who the dealers were in town, and it's actually a little more limited than I initially thought. I have New Holland, Kioti, Yanmar, Massey Ferguson, and Kubota. I guess I'll actually have to go and check them all out in person.

FYI I have had 3 tractors and bought the first one (1945 Farmall M) off Craigslist but I bought the next 2 off Tractorhouse.com. If you know what you are looking for they have a good list of tractors for sale and I drove around 400 miles to go get them both. That might not work if you don't have a trailer though.

FYI I have had 3 tractors and bought the first one (1945 Farmall M) off Craigslist but I bought the next 2 off Tractorhouse.com. If you know what you are looking for they have a good list of tractors for sale and I drove around 400 miles to go get them both. That might not work if you don't have a trailer though.
My plan was just to rent one for the day for that purpose. Unfortunately there are significantly fewer around me on CL. I'll check out tractorhouse.com

My father in law just got his New Holland. He had a Kioti before that and it was nothing but problems….and by problems, constant problems!! My son and I saw him slam the door so hard after it wouldn’t start(after just getting back from the shop for a starter issue) that it shattered all of the glass. I had to put the “ear muffs” on my boy😂

... you definitely want hydraulic shuttle transmission also.
since you brought it up, are your independent (R/L) brake pedals on the same side as the shuttle? They are on the L3901. How the heck do you use them if your right foot is busy with the shuttle? That's one of my biggest gripes about the Orange (but I have a long list :) :) :) )

Neffa, I'll dig through my old toy-box... I may have a Tonka toy (made of real steel, etc) I may be able to part with it... at current cost of living value. ;)

since you brought it up, are your independent (R/L) brake pedals on the same side as the shuttle? They are on the L3901. How the heck do you use them if your right foot is busy with the shuttle? That's one of my biggest gripes about the Orange (but I have a long list :) :) :) )
Current tractor is a Deere, previous was a New Holland. Both have the shuttle on steering column, much like a backhoe. I've got a Deere garden tractor with foot pedal shuttle for forward and reverse and don't really care for it.

Damn, I knew it was a dumb question. Thanks

They're typ used in agricultural tractors so while the vehicle is moving forwards, the driver can pull/push a lever/pedal that makes it stop and go backwards at the same speed. Kind of an insta-tranny/clutch combo lol… foot or column

best experiences/luck has been with JD & Kabota. I will never buy another New Holland

Holy hell the used tractor market is ridiculous right now. It's damn near the same as the new market!

Holy hell the used tractor market is ridiculous right now. It's damn near the same as the new market!
This is not news. It was like that in 2016 when I bought my new JD. It just does not pay to play in the used market for some things. Small Tractors being one of them.

Most popular in the vineyards for heavy use was Kubota then New Holland. Often the NH was chosen only because they had an especially narrow tractor for 6’ rows.

Heavy use meaning used often but still were small compared to grain farmers.

if you're buying new, I'd go with what dealers are close by for service. Used, well any of them really.

Personally I have a New Holland, it outperforms my neighbors kubota. I use my inlaws compact deere 4520 and subcompact 2210. I borrow my buddies little kubota with the backhoe for small trenching jobs. They are all good machines. I know folks that have kioti, mahindra, tym, etc. Pretty much all the same.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back