Anyone get Turkey permit?

Got my unit 1 AZ tag at home and love that hunt. I think turkeys are a fun hunt and usually get a dumb one to my call the first morning. If they are hot they are dead.

This will be my first year going after turkey.

Archery for me. Junior shotgun for my oldest. Hopefully we will be luckier than our javelina hunts--didn't see one pig or my son might be looking for a new hunting partner :eek:

npaden, I've killed more deer then I can remember so looking for meat is not the issue. The Turkey is sure enjoyment. What else would it be for ? not that much meat to justify the time and money.

I eat the turkeys that I shoot. I think the breast meat tastes pretty good.

I have a freezer brim full with 2 elk, a mule deer and several pigs shot in 2010, so meat isn't really the issue for me either, but killing a pig is alot better for the land than killing a turkey. Lots of bang for the buck on killing pigs.

I still try to get out specifically for Turkeys a few times each spring though.

DaveHawk, got 4 buddies from MO going on an Osceola hunt in late March ....spending night with me.
Anyway, hunt allows up to five hunters. Two of the guys have their Osceola and two don't. If you have any interest, let me know and I can hook you up with them. Cost is $850 for one bird and a Bed and Breakfast on site for $60.
Place is where I got my first Osceola. Lots of burds.
email me at [email protected] nothing in it for me, just hooking up fellow hunters with fellow hunters!

I'm going to SW Oklahoma with my bow for OTC turkeys....my buddy says they have Rios there and it will be my first bird...not that I haven't hunted my ass off for turkeys in the past with no luck

All OTC for me...We can shoot three (3) here, but I'm looking at a road-trip for a Merriams! :hump:

Applied for South Dakota so we'll see,though I've scored the tag 9 out of 10 years.Another fun year of chasing montana birds, then jumping the border.Really want to head in to the Black hills for an extra bird,just always depends on weather/time which I never seem to have in my favor.Almost seems indecent to kill more than 3-4 birds per trip,so I'm generally pointed west to home.Its a passion thats for sure.

No luck in the Colorado turkey draw but did go out today and saw a couple gobblers and some sign so maybe the OTC way will be kind to me this year

I have one here in WI, and will probably buy another left over. I will also spend some time with the 3 Nephews in the youth hunt. Last year they went 3-3 on toms!! carzy good luck

picture.php

Well damn! I hooked a cuppla buds up who want a Rio with a bud in TX,,,,sumbeeches insist I go with them and then come back to TN with the TX buddy to hunt on their private property....last time I hunted on their private propert, we onl killed 8 birds amongst the four of us in two days....last time I hunted with Bud in TX, three of us only killed 10 burds....life is just awful...

2 for Apr-may. I think this year I'll wait and try the end of the season. They don't seem to respond well in the beginning.

Tom thanks for the offer! Its a little late for me to switch plans now but next Year I would be very interested in a hunt if you put one together. Plus my son is coming home for spring break from ISU, I have not seen him for a while and I miss him, so I need to be home. I'll be hunting in Cumberland Ky the 2nd week. We have room if your interested.

I rate a tom's gobble right up there with a bull's bugle. Looking forward to getting out among them next month.

Back