PEAX Equipment

Any 375 RUM shooters?

I like cartridges that can exit the animal. Makes tracking easier.
I personally want the slug under the hind on the off side. It used up every bit of energy. If it exists, expansion is questionable. It’s the shock that kills, not the hole.[/QUOTE]I disagree. A hole in a vital organ(s) is very lethal. An exiting bullet in no way is a sure sign that a bullet did not expand, especially if the hole is larger than caliber size. I've also seen bullets/pics of bullets recovered from animals that have not expanded...

"Shock" is a nebulous term and I've yet read anyone's definition of it that I can equate to lethality.

I personally want the slug under the hind on the off side. It used up every bit of energy. If it exists, expansion is questionable. It’s the shock that kills, not the hole.
I disagree. A hole in a vital organ(s) is very lethal. An exiting bullet in no way is a sure sign that a bullet did not expand, especially if the hole is larger than caliber size. I've also seen bullets/pics of bullets recovered from animals that have not expanded...

"Shock" is a nebulous term and I've yet read anyone's definition of it that I can equate to lethality.[/QUOTE] What if it's "hydrostatic" shock?

I have a 375 RUM. Only use it in AK. It has taken a grizz and 3 moose-all dropped in their tracks. 300 gr Nosler Partition handloads. I personally wouldn’t use it on elk, that is like hunting antelope with a .338.

I got a buddy who uses a .375 RUM on everything including sitka blacktail. It is pretty devastating on those little deer. He says he doesn't like to track animals.

A sledgehammer will pound a nail into a piece of wood, but a regular hand held hammer works a bit better. The 375 RUM on elk is totally unnecessary unless you don't have a .270 through .338 in your gun cabinet.

A sledgehammer will pound a nail into a piece of wood, but a regular hand held hammer works a bit better. The 375 RUM on elk is totally unnecessary unless you don't have a .270 through .338 in your gun cabinet.

C'mon man. mtmuley

Correct, its just the real hunters that do...;):)

Haha. Coming from a guy that espoused the virtues of 338mag being necessary for elk. :D we all come full circle sooner or later. Next Thing you know you'll be trading in that 7-08 for a real rifle chambered in 308 win.

Good god why do some of you care if the guy is going to pack a 375 rum or a 243 it's not like it's going to mess with your guys hunts

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back