A new life for an old gun

Brittany Chukarman

59 years ago for my 10th Christmas Mom and Dad gave me my first gun, a Savage 20 ga youth single shot. I just passed it on to a friend that is raising his grandson who is now 9. This friend is hunting something almost every day of the Fall and the grandson is already hooked. I wish I could see his face tomorrow morning when he gets his first look at it. I was surprised at the emotions that welled up inside me as I was handing the gun off. I remember those first hunts so vividly almost 60 years later. I thank God for the parents I had and the effort my Dad made to take me hunting and fishing.

59 years ago for my 10th Christmas Mom and Dad gave me my first gun, a Savage 20 ga youth single shot. I just passed it on to a friend that is raising his grandson who is now 9. This friend is hunting something almost every day of the Fall and the grandson is already hooked. I wish I could see his face tomorrow morning when he gets his first look at it. I was surprised at the emotions that welled up inside me as I was handing the gun off. I remember those first hunts so vividly almost 60 years later. I thank God for the parents I had and the effort my Dad made to take me hunting and fishing.
What great memories. My dad gave me a 22mag / 20 gauge Savage when I was 11.
59 years ago. It will go to my grandson.

So nice to be able to look back and realize how blessed we are. Well done.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back