A MT Moose update

Hey Critter! Have you and your wife, ever thought about adopting?
I have camera and will travel! Promise to be very quite, watch where I step, not make any noise and pack my own lunch!:
I think you need someone to follow you around and take pictures to help take the load off!:D

Good Luck on finding your big one!

Hey Critter! Have you and your wife, ever thought about adopting?
I have camera and will travel! Promise to be very quite, watch where I step, not make any noise and pack my own lunch!:
I think you need someone to follow you around and take pictures to help take the load off!:D

Good Luck on finding your big one!

Ha! She might want to adopt a new husband soon as this season is over:) If she doesn't kill me in my sleep sooner than that.... The patience of a saint this gal has, no question.

I have hunted every single day since sept 15. Took two days off to hunt mtn goat and 4 days off to hunt lopers:)

Thinking she is gonna get a good vacation out of this when its all over........:)

Well, it ended up being pretty slow weekend. Had a couple buddies go out on moose patrol and this is the best we could come up with....So we will keep at it:) This bull had the frame I'm looking for but thats about all he had going for him.

Attachments

• 10-13-13 Moose.jpg
    10-13-13 Moose.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 2,073
You're killin' me man! One of these times when I open up this thread there is going to be a picture of a giant you've gotten! Good luck, and keep at it!

I really hate the last week of tax filing season, and with final extended returns due on Tuesday the 15th, most anything would qualify as a diversion worthy of my time and labor; except lawn work and handymanning. A good friend could get me away from such office burdens by asking me to help pack out his moose from the hills north of town, but he never shoots them, only looks at them.

I really hate the last week of tax filing season, and with final extended returns due on Tuesday the 15th, most anything would qualify as a diversion worthy of my time and labor; except lawn work and handymanning. A good friend could get me away from such office burdens by asking me to help pack out his moose from the hills north of town, but he never shoots them, only looks at them.

Seriously, I'm sitting on 65 state returns to review (notice how I'm here)....I'd love to read a long story about a successful moose hunt.

Well, Mr Fin.......If you need a break from that crap and want to go moose viewing, you know the meeting spot in the am, and I'll be there about 6:45 am.....:D

Well, 4 bulls and 2 cows today. Ol Lawnboy jumped in this morning and brought a little luck back to the game......

One of the 4 bulls we saw may have been a shooter, definitely one of the best bulls I've seen. Had plenty of time to shoot him but as we were sneaking in on him with the bow, all I could really see well was his legs. Looked to be around 40" or so but the branches blocked most of our view. If I would have chose the rifle, it would have been easy, step out and shoot. He stood for about 4 minutes at least. just never got a solid look.

He had two other bulls with him which really suprises me this time of year...

Maybe next time.

Sorry guys for the lack of updates. Had to take a little Moose break to get this Mountain Goat tag punched. I was hoping after this opening weekend of rifle season with so many people in the woods, someone would have a message for me saying they saw one:):)LOL But starting tomorrow after this storm gives me some visibility again, it will be 100% moose time, every single day until the bitter end and I eat a tag or till the right bull shows himself.........I sure hope it won't be tag soup.

I will say though that once the rut turned off, I was still out almost every day and I was down to 0-2 moose a day. I'ts gonna get really tough now.

Stay tuned....:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keller889
Back