Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Friends first moose

Sask hunter

She got lucky and drew a moose tag this summer. Sure was nice being able to hunt the farmland and prime calling times. Anyways we were travelling between spots this morning and spotted this bull and a cow and calf together in the bush. She was pretty rattled from missing a moose this morning so we snuck in to shave a couple hundred yards off the shot. Once we got to where we should have been able to see them I starting bull grunting and raking and that brought the cow closer a bit to look at us and that drug the bull with her. After minutes of them starting our direction and then the cow walking off the bull finally turned and she was able to sneak one through the bush for a walking broadside shot. After ten minutes we found the bull and just as we got back to the truck the landowners son came by. He fired up the tractor and made retrieval real easy. I have never been lucky enough to have use of a tractor and I must say it was great!!
IMG_1291.jpeg
IMG_1286.jpeg
IMG_1293.jpeg

She got lucky and drew a moose tag this summer. Sure was nice being able to hunt the farmland and prime calling times. Anyways we were travelling between spots this morning and spotted this bull and a cow and calf together in the bush. She was pretty rattled from missing a moose this morning so we snuck in to shave a couple hundred yards off the shot. Once we got to where we should have been able to see them I starting bull grunting and raking and that brought the cow closer a bit to look at us and that drug the bull with her. After minutes of them starting our direction and then the cow walking off the bull finally turned and she was able to sneak one through the bush for a walking broadside shot. After ten minutes we found the bull and just as we got back to the truck the landowners son came by. He fired up the tractor and made retrieval real easy. I have never been lucky enough to have use of a tractor and I must say it was great!!
View attachment 294899
View attachment 294900
View attachment 294901
That's a nice bull! Love having the right equipment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back