Caribou Gear

2023 Sask moose adventures

Sask hunter

It’s the day before season so figured I better buy a tag. Main goal is to try and get a friend a bull tomorrow or Monday. I’ll be hunting the full season October 15-19 but don’t plan to shoot a moose unless I see one that’s over 40” as my freezer is full already. Looking forward to five days of moose hunting in the morning then relaxing in the afternoon maybe doing some beaver trapping in the afternoons.
IMG_1367.jpeg

It’s the day before season so figured I better buy a tag. Main goal is to try and get a friend a bull tomorrow or Monday. I’ll be hunting the full season October 15-19 but don’t plan to shoot a moose unless I see one that’s over 40” as my freezer is full already. Looking forward to five days of moose hunting in the morning then relaxing in the afternoon maybe doing some beaver trapping in the afternoons.
View attachment 297020

Get em @Sask hunter

Lots of hunters everytime I tried to head to a spot there was people there already but between bouncing from group to group we saw three maybe four cows. Plan is in place for the morning. Time for lunch and a nap now. Maybe I’ll go set some beaver traps this afternoon
IMG_1370.jpeg

Well my friend and I were waiting till legal light near where we wanted to hunt. Ten minutes before legal two quads pull up. They ask us where we are going and we wanted to hunt that same spot. I figured cause we were there first hey would hang out then we would go in together and split off but they fired up their quad and took off. We had seen three cows in the area the day before so well they were headed to where we wanted to hunt we zipped around the back side of the swamp and got setup and the plan of letting them push moose to us worked perfect. Two moose came running over the hill and I got setup. My friend he was having issues finding his clip. Anyways determination the one moose is a small bull and I yell at him back ones a bull
Kill him. Well this moose started running again and he says I’m not ready kill him for me so I swung the 338 and he was about 3 steps from getting out of sight and touched it off followed by a loud whap. Walked over the hill and he was laying stone dead 40 yards away. Will be a delicious yearling that filled my friends freezer so it was a great morning in the moose woods
IMG_1393.jpeg
IMG_1396.jpeg

Congrats! What's the cut and wrapped meat yield on a moose like that?
Not sure what the bone less meat would weigh as I have never weighed it that way. Hanging carcass like the picture of him on the skinning pole he will go 330-350 would be my guess. Which in my experience for around here that’s a raghorn elk sized body

That's Awesome!!! I don't think i'll ever get to hunt moose here in Ontario as a resident again, now that we've gone to the point system.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back