A Cool OYOA Promo Reel

That looks pretty awesome Fin, can't wait for the episode using that footage.

I do get the Sportsmans channel and not the OC, so worked good for me.

Wow! Can't wait.

I know it's been said here a few times, but it's nice to see "real" emotion knowing you did the legwork yourself, from scouting to packing. That is real hunting, something I can believe, not some made up hard hunting- same ol' show.

Good job Randy!

The Sportsman Channel seems to be fairly aggressive in going after quality programming. I really enjoy Fred Eichler's programs and OYOA is going to help them build a much better program schedule.

Watched the SIZZLE 3 times already today.... Posted the link on F.B. Yer Video is getting better and better and better..... The Data Future look is KICK A$$ !!!! I could hump yer leg Randy :D :D

That does get a guy pumped up for 2011. congrats on the show and following Randy

The thing about good products...they sell themselves.

OC just blew it...big-time.

In our eyes yes, they did blow it but you have to understand that OC is going after TV personalitys that are big in the industry. Guys that host "hunting shows" where 7 out of the 26 minutes are actually hunting. Bone Collecter, Jim Shockey, Duck Commander, Realtree Roadtrips etc are just a few examples. I will be surprised if shows like Hunter Specialties and Eastamn's will be able to last there because they dont dedicate their shows to sponsors events and new products which is what commercials are for! To some people they want to hear about the latest and greatest "Odor Eliminating" clothing that looks great on a manican but rips when it gets snagged on a bush on the way up the mountain but OC's viewers dont care because if Waddell wears it, we gotta have it!! I believe the other problem with Outdoor Channel is that even though they have shows that represent all hunters (west, midwest, Africa, Canada etc.) their underlying focus is the guys chasing Whitetails in the Midwest and South because Whitetail hunting "requires" the use of many senseless tools and tricks that are easily marketed.

OYOA got the boot because Randy doesnt use a bunch of worthless chit OC can market and because he doesnt fill his tag every episode on some "Freak Nasty Bull he shot at Bugling Bull Outfitters with Craig John". Its sad but that is the fact of the matter and thus now we migrate to Sportmans Channel to join shows that arent the highest of quality but its because their sponsors are grassroots and in the shaddow of the "industry leaders". I dont know if anyone else has seen them but Powder Horn Montana puts together a pretty good show and there are others like it that cater more to low budget, OYO hunters.

All in all im happy for the change because OC shows are turning into extended commercials that i have little to no interest in and i believe more people are realizing this. It would be a shame for a great show like OYOA to be cast under the massive umbrella of chitty TV that is produced by the great Outdoor Channel.

As always Randy, thanks for staying loyal to us over them.

If you look at the "other" shows moving to Sportsmans, and the new direction the channel will take with new blood (human) in their new CEO you will see this channel quickly surge in viewership. Like most of the members on here, real hunters have become tired of the direction to comedy, star power and entertainment at OC they will look elsewhere for their real hunting adventures. On some OC shows the open lasts almost 20 seconds, time lost to hunting content. If we ever see Randy hauling a 50lb bag of Swamp Donkey attractant atop his backpack..we are all in trouble..(It won't happen)

Can't wait for season 3. My grouchy old man was whining that he doesn't get any real hunting shows where they really hunt public land. Ordered him your first 2 seasons for Christmas to see if he'd stop crying about it. The wife complains when we start running out of room on the DVR.

Finally looked at the preview reel, it's great footage ( as always) well edited (as always) and tells the story of the people on this forum. Fin, thanks for taking us along on your journeys, for the times we can't be out, and letting us bicker about the things we need to bicker about. I'm glad you're not hunting deer with names, that know what time the feeder goes off and breakfast is served. I'm sorry that the outdoor channel doesn't see what we do, but Thank Goodness someone does. But Dammit, I hate talking to the people to change services, if I was trying to order a cheeseburger and a chocolate milkshake from them, I'd end up with chicken and a cup of coffee. I'm just glad whatshername is here to take care of it for me. Thanks again, Randy, for staying the course.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back