Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

380-20 Elkhorns Montana

Holy Smoley! What a great bull!

I'm not the type to get excited about antlers, but those are impressive.

Congratulations! You should be proud of maximizing that limited tag hunting opportunity.

Please follow-up by informing us of the antler score for that impressive bull.

Rough Score is 358 6/8

Congratulations! You should be proud of maximizing that limited tag hunting opportunity.

Please follow-up by informing us of the antler score for that impressive bull.

I did it right other than I did not archery hunt. Gave that up years ago to Bird hunt; love to watch the dogs work. I scouted a lot before the season, and even found a giant 400 class bull (I have pics to prove it), then picked a couple of places to concentrate on-as per the advice of those on this site and others. I did not chase ghosts even though there were a lot of people trying to get me to do that. Public land hunt all the way. I was hunting by myself when I took the Bull. Me and a friend did the scoring but we are amateurs and we were somewhat conservative so it may score over 360. It is really hard to score that right antler when you get to the fourth point and beyond. Again thanks to all those that helped and gave advise. The taxidermist thinks he is a at least in his teens as far as age goes-It is hard to image what he would have scored in his prime.

Last edited:
It looks like I was one of the few that drew a elkhorns bull tag this year, after years and years of applying I guess I'm excited to see what this area holds for me. I am not a whole lot familiar with the area and would like to learn more or get any helpful information, I live in western Montana so not to far from the elkhorns. I plan to hunt archery, rifle and do some scouting before the season starts. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.:)
New member to HT forum.. how did your hunt in the elkhorns go ? I got lucky this year and drew that permit after 19 years can’t wait to get out scouting!

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceemee63
Back