Caribou Gear

300 win for Pronghorn

I don't want to hijack your thread, but I don't have enough internet points to post my own......I see lots of .243 suggestions. What do people think of a .223 for antelope? I'm striking out so far on archery and my tag can also be used in rifle season. I'm wondering what kind of distance would be ethical with a .223? I still have 2 more weekends of archery so hopefully I won't have to use a rifle but better to be prepared.
Then don't hijack it and use the search function

I don't want to hijack your thread, but I don't have enough internet points to post my own......I see lots of .243 suggestions. What do people think of a .223 for antelope? I'm striking out so far on archery and my tag can also be used in rifle season. I'm wondering what kind of distance would be ethical with a .223? I still have 2 more weekends of archery so hopefully I won't have to use a rifle but better to be prepared.
I shot a lope at 254 yds with my AR. Bullet was 62gr ttsx. Front quartering shot. Bullet entered high on the left brisket and lodged against the hide in front of the right rear leg. Bullet was perfectly mushroomed. Lope was DRT. It was a wall hanger. If I figure out how to post pics I will do it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back