2014 montana regs are out

8andcounting

Interesting to see many many HD's have no "B" deer tags this year , also lots of units that made the gen deer tag good for only muley bucks and either sex whitetail - seems like they realized maybe too many mule does were being taking , not with gen tag so much but with B tags . That's a good move I believe .

Did they up the price of a bonus point for the big 3 for NRs? I thought I saw it went to $50, I think it used to be 20? Not sure if its per application or per animal now.

I'm thinking I see MT in my future. When is the best time to hunt deer? ;)

Did they up the price of a bonus point for the big 3 for NRs? I thought I saw it went to $50, I think it used to be 20? Not sure if its per application or per animal now.

From what I can tell at first glance, it looks like they are charging a $50 app fee per species for MSG. Also, the $20 bonus point fee is now per species instead of per application.

Here's my question: if you are just starting out do you stay in the game in MT for MSG? Now that the points are squared the odds for newbies are beyond horrible. $70 per species is a lot to pay for virtually no chance. I expect new arrivals will fall out as a result.

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but I noticed the youth hunt has been moved up and is WITHIN the regular archery season. When and why did this happen? I don't think I want to be running around in full camo, sounding like an elk, possibly carrying a decoy when youths with rifles are out there as well...Even if it is deer only.

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but I noticed the youth hunt has been moved up and is WITHIN the regular archery season. When and why did this happen? I don't think I want to be running around in full camo, sounding like an elk, possibly carrying a decoy when youths with rifles are out there as well...Even if it is deer only.

They did it because that is the time kids are out for PIR days or something stupid like that. It has been discussed already, seemed like many folks were not thrilled about it either..........I'm hoping my elk tag will be filled by then, just wait for deer till November.

Back