MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Where is college football talk ???

TOM IN TENNESSEE

Ain't seeing much from you primarily west of Miss River folks.....does that mean y'all finally caved in and agree that SEC dominates and it is best to talk about sumthin else?

sec is best cause they let any one into their schools. Half can not read or write. There is no criteria. This was disscussed on espn a while back.(not my opinion) , But it is now. My pac 12 is always underated and puts tons of players in the pros......BOB!

Most of those players in the SEC won't be able to afford the pay cut to go to the NFL.

Would rather watch a high school game than another SEC football game.

Nemont

Too busy keeping up with the Ducks in Oregon. Looks like they arguement that they shouldn't be ranked ahead of LSU went south this weekend, at least this year.

Eight out of ten Big Twelve teams listed in the rankings. (At least KU can look forward to basketball). Lots more football to be played and some really amazing top ten/top twenty matches. The Big 12's champion will have EARNED it this year.

Bill Snyder does get more out of "marginal" players than any other coach I know in college football. K-State generally gets stronger as the season comes along. If they follow the script, they may win the close ones just because they don't beat themselves with penalties and bonehead plays.

Well it is now obvious that Notre Dame shud play for National Champs as long as they can keep the same Ref crew that robbed Stanford....
So let us see now , THE OSU should move up after their awe inspiring 3-point win over over gawdawful Indiana who couldn't beat their sisters....
Meanwhile back in uneduacted SEC, my advise is play all games at home! BTW, dudes, same academic standards and test scores are required nation wide to get into a college with a sports scholarship......that's why you can be a Senior at Northwestern, Vandy, or Stanford and your major still be "Undeclared"....
WVA may have picked wrong conference to transfer too.....
Best I can speculate, we (the real UT) can finish 7-5....no way we win next two....if we win out out after Bama and the real USC.....anyone else played three ranked teams with two to go?

Last edited:
SEC has been playing great football but that will change when GPA requirements go up in 2015. SEC is the second worst academic conference in the nation. Luckily Vanderbilt is in the conference and help their average. The difference between level of play on the field and the level of production in the classroom is huge and that is why NCAA is raising standards.

Below is the tally for college football teams top 20 Academic All Americans.
Seven Big 10 teams listed, with some PAC 12 and Big 12 mixed in.

Football
1. Nebraska, University of 102
2. Penn State University 60
3. Notre Dame, University of 56
4. Dayton, University of 52
5. Ohio State University, The 49
5. Oklahoma, University of 49
7. Stanford University 43
7. Carnegie Mellon University 43
9. Nebraska Wesleyan University 40
10. Texas, University of 36
11. U.S. Air Force Academy 35
11. Michigan, University of 35
13. Massachusetts Institute of Technology 34
14. Pittsburg State University 33
14. Northwestern University 33
16. Southern California, University of 32
16. Michigan State University 32
16. Purdue University 32
19. Brigham Young University 31
19. Montana, University of 31

Yikes.......K State up to third in the first pole released this weekend. For a guy who grew up in Manhattan KS in the 70's it almost makes me think I have awakened in the twilight zone. West Virginia is gonna be fired up

As an an Irish fan, I'm enjoying this year. Not saying they will end up in any BCS bowl, but them winning is more fun for me as a fan!

BTW, dudes, same academic standards and test scores are required nation wide to get into a college with a sports scholarship......that's why you can be a Senior at Northwestern, Vandy, or Stanford and your major still be "Undeclared"....
That only pertains if the school accepts the lowest common denominator. Many schools have higher standards than those set nationwide by NCAA.

Kinda hard to even think about college football when I've got elk, muleys, whities, pronghorn, bears, lions, etc..... to occupy my time until upland birds, waterfowl and coyotes take over in Dec and January. :p

If I lived in SEC country and could only hunt whities and turkeys, football might take take a little more priority. ;)

It doesn't help that my Pokes have won as many games this years as critters that have worn my tag. :D That's about to change this weekend though. It's gotta change!!

-Cade
www.HuntForeverWest.com

+1 on getting rid of Pelini. He doesn't surround himself with coaches, he hires his friends and only people that will go along with "his" scheme. I see a lot of people getting on Martinez becuase he threw some picks in the OSU game, but he had to try anything possible to score points because the defense decided to pack it in. FRUSTRATING!

SEC football is painful to watch. Some call it "defensive" or "smashmouth" football but I call it boring.

Win The Day. Go Ducks!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back