Caribou Gear

WY Elk: KHunter archery 2016

image.jpegEvery day is a banner elk hunting day here it seems. Coming in cold start off finding a herd of 60? Elk going bonkers at first light. Bunch of Bulls including my number one and a pile of cows. Saw some breeding as well.

Last edited:
image.jpgYes these elk are as close as they look. 25-35 yards. Bulls screaming and running all
over and right by me.

I am am far from an expert but my experience is that when right inside a herd you get away with most anything. I know the wind turned on me a couple times today at least and the herd stayed close. I was crawling right in view of them. No reaction. Surreal and a thrilling day.

Last edited:
image.jpgThis bull is at 25 yds. The cow on the left at maybe 10-15.

Have BIG day tomorrow time for sleep....

Last edited:
Holy smokes those are some great bulls and great pictures. Digging this thread!

great thread and pics , i just enjoying seeing these animals, but i couldn't pass on a branch bull, i just started elk hunting in 2014, have yet to see a branch during season with my rifle in hand here in NW Oregon, but when that day presents itself i wont care what the size branch, since i was able to harvest a big spike bull last year, im looking forward to the challenge of a bigger bull. Keep the pics and stories coming , there great

This thread has driven me to start getting points in WY. Was on the fence for awhile but after this, how could I? Look forward to hearing about the rest of the hunt!

image.jpgHmm...not a dink?

I think once I've seen at least half the bulls a unit maybe I'll shoot One?

Last edited:
image.jpg

Not a good picture but a lot of antler. I blew a chance to shoot the big guy out of this group at 23 yards

Shortly after taking this picture they dropped off the knoll they were on. I was 90 yards away and I haul ass over there thinking I would trail them into a draw and there they were brushed up I was staring at six cows looking up at me they were about 20 yds away a d 30 feet below me. and they had the big bull covered up. They didn't run off but they walked off I never had a shot. I had been crawling out in the open trying to get in on this group and they didn't seem to care one bit. I got a little too cavalier no doubt.

I did push them and they dropped down into another chaotic sex crazed herd. The insanity just got more so. Lots of crashing antlers on antlers.

Absolutely thrilling not even the coolest thing that happened all day long.

Last edited:
Great hunt to follow, I can't even imagine how exciting the first-hand perspective must be. You've posted pic after pic of bulls that I'd be ecstatic with, but it sure builds suspense waiting for the grand finale. Good luck!

Wow. This is great stuff Khunt!! I'll be sad to see it end, don't be afraid to hold out. It's all work once you've got BBD.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgrutting bulls. a few of the bulls in the large herd that had been two herds before I pushed the one group down into another....

Last edited:
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back