Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Who needs Earth First...

So are suppressors legal to hunt wild game with in Montana? And how did an assault rifle make this situation any worse than any other rifle? The guy could have used any other bolt action, semi auto or semiauto shotgun for that matter. Would he be calling for a ban on those as well? For some reason I seriously doubt it. I am in no way defending this piss-poor "hunter" but this guy isn't helping his cause any with his side of the "stories".

So are suppressors legal to hunt wild game with in Montana? And how did an assault rifle make this situation any worse than any other rifle? The guy could have used any other bolt action, semi auto or semiauto shotgun for that matter. Would he be calling for a ban on those as well? For some reason I seriously doubt it. I am in no way defending this piss-poor "hunter" but this guy isn't helping his cause any with his side of the "stories".

110% with you.

FWP & Missoula CO Sherriff's office just held a press conference: They talked with the hunter and no charges will be filed.

Hunting with a suppressor is illegal in MT. No mention was made during the press conference.

So... there is really no indication that this was done by a true hunter. And how did the shooter shoot the dog at 15 yards 6 times? Im pretty sure a 2 year old can tell the difference between the 2 at that distance. so the question remains was this done by a real hunter or a "thrill kill" poacher shooting the first thing that moved.

1_pointer, I know gamers that have never shot a real gun in their life and definitely dont hunt, they barely do much away from their computers, but they know weaponry because of their RPG's (not rocket propelled grenades, but online/digital electronic tactical role playing games like Battlefield and Call of Duty). I could not tell you the statistics of how many of these gamers are adult males, but many of them talk and can identify quite a bit militarily. I know of a number of men here in Bozeman that heavily game and yet the flip side of the coin is outdoor recreation like snowboarding/skiing, hiking, climbing, etc. So the possibility is there this guy, though not a current hunter, could know a semi-automatic model with a suppressor.

Now, from a quick search, the AR14 from the real world military guys, the AR-14 was Armalite's platform AR-14 burst fire and full auto, a predecessor to the AR-15 and some were used in Vietnam. From the role playing world, which takes me back to my comments earlier, I give you the AR-14 assault rifle of the Republic of Surea Armed Forces, manufactured by Deftech Industries. :)
Gamers can be fun, just generally not in large, mixed company crowds. ;) Though I do wonder, with your admittedly knowledge of so many gamers are you letting on how you spend some of your free time? :eek: :D

I'm guessing the dog owner was not confusing what the hunter had with something as obscure as the Surea flagship rifle! Or that what the shooter had predated the AR-15 which has been around longer than I have. I surmise that he doesn't quite know what he saw in the guys hands...

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cwdrx
Back