Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Montana General Season Structure Proposal

From different guys I’ve spoken to in Sonora Mx the deer there will moved by rain, 30-70 miles no problem. Greens up the deer go there, bet eastern Mt would find similar happenings.
I read somewhere there used to be a group of Mule deer that wintered south of Livingston to Big Timber that summered in Yellowstone Park. They took advantage of the wind blown slopes in the winter months. I bet that is a similar distance as many groups along the Rocky Mtn Front or Glacier. Protecting these wintering areas, migration routes, and eliminating obstacles such as low fences should be the FWP number one concern

I fear a lot of us forget to listen to the FWP folks are offering, instead we are focused on making them hear us. If you're open to it, give the social and statistical presentations from yesterday an ear and some thought.
Good point.

What offers are you referring to?

I didn’t notice much in that regard but I was listening with a slightly different perspective. I was listening to see if there’s commonality in areas of concern. If there’s unified consensus then developing a solution is viable possibility. If not, we indeed need to
“make them hear us” first so we can address the issues.

Curious what offers you picked up on?

From different guys I’ve spoken to in Sonora Mx the deer there will moved by rain, 30-70 miles no problem. Greens up the deer go there, bet eastern Mt would find similar happenings.
Similar for elk in the Gila Wilderness in NM where I hunted, but the elk seemed to be missing. The local outfitter told me he couldn't find them either because it had rained in a hunting unit north and the elk had moved there because of the resulting greenup.

Good point.

What offers are you referring to?

I didn’t notice much in that regard but I was listening with a slightly different perspective. I was listening to see if there’s commonality in areas of concern. If there’s unified consensus then developing a solution is viable possibility. If not, we indeed need to
“make them hear us” first so we can address the issues.

Curious what offers you picked up on?

I see them offering explanation/justification for the departments action or lack thereof in response to a passionate subset of us that have areas of concern.

I see them offering explanation/justification for the departments action or lack thereof in response to a passionate subset of us that have areas of concern.

I thought the presentation yesterday was really well done. People may not like the answers, but FWP has done a good job throwing the covers back and showing folks what they're doing, why & then giving them the data they use to back it up.

Public comments by four people... Seems lacking though to each your own.

Tomorrow, hopefully a few more to support - share appreciation for the CAC's efforts and a bump for HT citizen season proposal might tinker in their minds. Then again, maybe there's little to no point for public comment - just yammer on a forum.

did not get registered but was able to listed to the live comments, they were largely good and supportive of change.

Thanks to those who commented in support. Unfortunately, work has me in a poor service area without predictable gaps to schedule in time for commenting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skywagon
Back