Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

What has hunting become?

Correct me if I'm wrong... as I'm not very well versed in MT's Outfitter restrictions and codes; but isn't what he is asking for technically boarderline to, or Illegal?

I thought there was a Massive legal difference between "I'll give you $5000 if you let me access your land to hunt." and "I'll give you $5000 if you help me harvest a deer." The way the article presents it is "If you are a land owner anywhere within the state of Montana and are interested in helping Darren harvest a mule deer buck on your land, please call him..." How does that figure in on outfitting w/o license...? Honest question, I don't konw. To me that sounds more like outfit under the table and less like a tresspass fee. To me, the KEY word in that quote is HELPING Darren harvest a deer. Isn't there a difference between paying for access and paying for help?

Really not trying to spark debate, just an honest question...

Correct me if I'm wrong... as I'm not very well versed in MT's Outfitter restrictions and codes; but isn't what he is asking for technically boarderline to, or Illegal?

I thought there was a Massive legal difference between "I'll give you $5000 if you let me access your land to hunt." and "I'll give you $5000 if you help me harvest a deer." The way the article presents it is "If you are a land owner anywhere within the state of Montana and are interested in helping Darren harvest a mule deer buck on your land, please call him..." How does that figure in on outfitting w/o license...? Honest question, I don't konw. To me that sounds more like outfit under the table and less like a tresspass fee. To me, the KEY word in that quote is HELPING Darren harvest a deer. Isn't there a difference between paying for access and paying for help?

It's only illegal if you get caught

A landowner can outfit all he wants on his own deeded land with no license in Montana.

Yes, there is a difference between paying for access and paying for help. If you merely charge for the land access itself you don't need any sort of outfitters/guide's license. If you begin providing assistance beyond that then you are crossing into the realm of outfitting.

Alright, I generally don't rip on the wealthy for what their money can buy in terms of critter quality, but I think Darren has crossed the line.

And his "I'm helping you so you should be grateful to me" attitude is a little sickening.

If he really wanted to help mule deer, he would buy the tag and then eat it. That way the $$$ goes to conservation and one less buck dies this fall.

^^^^ This.....:hump:Just be forthright, don't try to dress up your mule and call it a thoroughbred

I agree there are allot of people that have in the past and still are helping all of us and I wish I knew who they were so I could thank them also for all there work for conservation. So to all who have ever done anything to help conservation Thankyou. And for the record I did not ask to have the story written, did not ask for it to be posted anywhere on the Internet and I believe it was you tjones that put me into this forum which I did not ask for either. I don't judge your hunting methods or the tags you have so maybe you shouldn't judge mine. We are both hunters so please stop putting me in the headlines as I didn't ask you to. I don't need your permission or anyone else's to help out land owners or conservation and really only care about hunting and the future of hunting. So you started this and now I am ending it.
Good hunting and I am glad to hear you have never had the help of an outfitter or hunted on private land or needed another Sportsmans help Some of us don't have the time or advantages you have had. Thanks

How much did the permit sell for? Who's idea was it to run the ad in the paper?

If I find one that really pumps your crank, will you negotiate on the bounty? I had my transfer case go in the truck and could use a couple grand to get to the trailhead next weekend. :D

Ya know you can read into an article I didn't write how ever ya want but I know the facts as I'm the one with the tag . I was asking for help from a land owner who I hoped would be a sportsman also by letting me hunt on his land and harvest a mule deer , and would pay him a trespass fee. Ya know I haven't paid anyone anything and some of you have me guilty of a crime lol. Man I guess I have seen it all , fellow hunters trying to get other fellow hunters in trouble over an Internet post I didn't even write or post. Man I will just go kill my buck on public land and use the money else where. Thanks fellow sportsman.

Sorry unless it's on your land that would be illegal greenhorn. I hope next year the tag sells for twice the amount. That's my goal

Dude you did buy the ad in a public newspaper and you did know about the story to be posted on a public website, you did put the reward on a sign visable from the public highway ?

All adds and commercials have been redone to be more clear of what my goal is. Now let's see who is the next hunter that gets attacked on this site. Man I'm going hunting it's allot better than this forum stuff. I hope all of you perfect people and perfect hunters are happy now cause I'm the first to say I'm not perfect by no means. May God bless all of us this hunting season .

I have that ad hanging in my office now. It'll be a collectible.

I want a big one, let me get out my checkbook.

Dude you have no idea, sounds like you know more about this then I do as I'm in UT hunting . And yes it is with my very good friend Doyle Moss so now you guys can bash me some more. Dude go hunting and stop worrying so much about this . You guys are more worried about this deer hunt then I am . My next post will be a picture. Later DUDE

Dude you have no idea, sounds like you know more about this then I do as I'm in UT hunting . And yes it is with my very good friend Doyle Moss so now you guys can bash me some more. Dude go hunting and stop worrying so much about this . You guys are more worried about this deer hunt then I am . My next post will be a picture. Later DUDE

Say no more, as that post says it all, LOL! Just talk to Doyle and I'm sure he and his "posse" lead by toothy will find you a big one. However, it will cost you more than the measily $5K you're offering anyone that will find you a good buck in the name of conservation. You and the Denny Austad wealthy people are making a mockery of hunting and saying you're conservationists! You're all just a bunch of game pimps trying to use the word conservationist to make like you're heroes! As stated earlier, if you were a true conservationist you'd eat the tag and not be putting up signs offering $5K for whoever knows where a big buck is hanging out. What a sham and a shame no matter how great a dude you think you are. Also, nobody "put" you on this site to post but yourself, LOL!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oras
Back