What has hunting become?

tjones

Well I guess its nothing new.

http://www.montanaoutdoor.com/2014/...men-andor-land-owners-by-stevensville-hunter/

“I want to harvest the biggest and oldest buck we can find in the state, either non-typical or typical, as long as it’s a mature older buck,” Newsom said, “so I can be a part of mule deer management and not just hunting for the trophy.”

"Darren Newsom is seeking the help of sportsmen and landowners within the state of Montana. He is offering a $5,000 finder’s fee reward to the sportsman or landowner that is able to help him harvest a mule deer with his statewide tag. "

Last edited:
Awful, although the picture posing with Colorado buck helped some

I bet he has gotten more calls and emails that are "heckling" then helpful….haha.

Well I guess its nothing new,,,,,,,

http://www.montanaoutdoor.com/2014/...men-andor-land-owners-by-stevensville-hunter/

“I want to harvest the biggest and oldest buck we can find in the state, either non-typical or typical, as long as it’s a mature older buck,” Newsom said, “so I can be a part of mule deer management and not just hunting for the trophy.”

"Darren Newsom is seeking the help of sportsmen and landowners within the state of Montana. He is offering a $5,000 finder’s fee reward to the sportsman or landowner that is able to help him harvest a mule deer with his statewide tag. "

This is what you do when you have more money than time. Nothing illegal or unethical about it. I'm glad you posted maybe he will get a lead from it.

Well . . . . lets give it a while and everyone give the guy a call and keep him busy chasing "the big one." :)

Here's the deal. Someone needs to find this guy a buck that he wants to take, then right as he's getting ready to take the shot, YOU shoot the buck yourself and say "NO DEAL"

I'm good for $100 dollars to MDF and $100 to the person that does this. If we get enough people to jump on this ship, the pot could escalate quickly and we'd have a viral video on our hands!

As Alan would say, "Classic"

So what do you tell people when they look at the buck hanging on the wall:

Guest: wow! That is one heck of a buck, I bet you scouted and hunted hard to earn that big boy.

Hunter: yep, I spent countless hours at the computer pouring over photos and leads until I found one worthy of my $5000 bounty. I thought I would go blind wading through all the pics.

This guys is doing the same thing that some have done by hiring Doyle Moss! only he casted a wider net and no up front fees!

I find it interesting how some on this site disagree with this gentleman paying thousands to hunt an animal that he didn't put any time into scouting but have no problem with other people and outfitters who specialize in the same kind of auction tags, governors tags, etc... who basically do the exact same thing.

Reactions: CMF
its certianly a lot cheaper than most guided hunts! I do wonder though if he's going to pass up a 6 year old buck to shoot a 10 year old doe... you know since its not about the trophy and he really wants to benefit the mule deer!

I am confused as to how his 5k relates to conservation? If you are willing to pay 5 grand + whatever that auction tag cost, for a muley buck to hang on your wall knock yourself out. It just seems in poor taste to try and rationalize your efforts in a public forum, by couching it as conservation.

After reading the details firsthand, I find nothing unethical,at all about this man's plan for the use of his governors tag. He is, in fact following in the footsteps of wealthy sportsmen's tradition in a most precise fashion. That may not be so much in style in certain circles these days, but it is nothing new in the hunting world. I hope he gets a big one and I get to see the pictures and hear the story.

What a D-Bag.

If the tag is already paid for then he's done his part to help "conservation" How's the $5k to a landowner promoting "conservation"?

Let's just call it what it is - a guy looking for some leads on a bruiser buck and is willing to pay a finders fee to whoever finds it. If it's really about conservation just go find an old 3x4 somewhere. Lots of those around diluting the trophy potential of the local gene pools.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back