Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Pickup of the Future?

Early adopters problems?

This is the problem I have with it. EV vehicles are still in their infancy and not ready for deployment yet. Faults need to be fixed so that vehicles last more than a few hours before needing charged and that.

At 37k miles, my wife’s Tesla saw it’s first maintenance over the weekend. I installed new windshield wipers.

For commuting, they’re so far ahead of gas cars it’s laughable.

For 4x4 hunting vehicles, EVs have so far to go to improve to be practicable it’s equally laughable.
What a pos.
I’ve got 60k on my oem jeep wipers.

Around 80% of the country lives and works in urban areas. That's literally the perfect situation for EVs. There's also around a dozen or more options for EV vehicles under 50k.

In the next 10 or 15 years it's going to end up where EVs are the most common vehicles and it is going to be more difficult and expensive to find a regular gas station. The caveat is the west where it is going to still take a while to sort out range issues with EVs. An average person would probably do fine with an EV as a daily driver and if they want to take a vacation out west they would just rent an ICE vehicle.

In urban areas the mega gas stations are going to be mega convenience stores with a few gas pumps and more level 3 charging stations. In rural areas the convenience stores are going to have a mix of gas and charging stations. I would imagine they are going to end up more like starbucks type places where you can sit and drink your coffee and use the WiFi and fun stuff like that while you are waiting for your car to charge.

The piece of the puzzle that is the most critical thing right now is to sort through the electric infrastructure backbone needed for all this and the increased electric generation facilities and that piece doesn't seem to be on very many peoples radar. Everyone makes fun of California and their electricity grid, but it is an issue nearly everywhere. And you can't just slap a new electric generation plant up overnight.

I think I have replaced my wipers on our Tundra around 4 times in 85k miles. I might just be hard on things. But it shows that even the Tundras are not perfect.

If it weren't for tree sap, dust, and bird chit I wouldn't need wipers...
exactly. I use wipers for rain about 4 days a year, two in the spring, two in the fall. Mine are totally falling apart, but it doesn't really matter because they never get used.

I can get behind this technology.

They started 30 years ago and it disappeared from talk.

There is no way there are going to be charging stations all over NM. Hell the gas stations have gone from half the state and towns have vanished.
The grid? LOL Cell service? LOL
Various gasses just venting out of leaking wells that are cleaner than coal and half the state could use NG or propane or methane in small clean plants, naah....LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back